The Moles took the lead on 22 minutes when Cornell headed down Ben Sturgess’ cross for Johnson to finish.

And two minutes later the advantage was doubled as Cornell got in front of Robins keeper Dan Smith to head in a James Suarez corner.

The Robins improved in the second period but could not get on the scoreboard.

The closest the Moles came to extending their lead was through Johnson and substitute Josh Howell, who were both denied by Smith.

Elsewhere in the Hellenic Premier Division, Ascot United scored five times in the first half as they beat Holyport 6-0.

Justin Clayton netted twice in the opening half an hour either side of strikes from Leon Yarnie and John Denton.

Jermain Roache made it 5-0 and Daryl McClean rounded off the scoring in the 87th minute after a mazy run.

Wokingham & Emmbrook beat Finchampstead 3-2 in Hellenic Division One East despite being reduced to 10 men early in the second half.

The Sumas took the lead on 26 minutes when Josh Pearson broke free and took the ball around Neil Griffiths before finishing into an empty net.

Both sides came out all guns blazing in the second half and George Dance went close to making it 2-0 with a shot that flew narrowly over the bar.

But it was Finch who got the next goal when Kylo Atkinson was fouled by Sumas keeper Ashley Withers in the box.

James Pople stepped up and beat Withers from the spot to level the scores.

Finch were given another lift just minutes later as Nick Bateman was shown a straight red card for a tough tackle.

However, Sumas responded in perfect style with a quickfire double from Jake Butler.

The club’s top scorer headed in Jack Gibbs’ cross on 56 minutes before converting from a Pearson free-kick just five minutes later.

Finch pushed hard for a way back into the game but Withers pulled off a couple of excellent saves to preserve Sumas’ two-goal lead.

The hosts eventually reduced the deficit in injury time when Gibbs turned into his own net but it was too little too late.

Sandhurst Town’s match against Eversley & California in Combined Counties Division One was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.