Keith Penicott-Bowen’s men went into the game looking to cause an upset, but it wasn’t to be as they fell to a 3-0 defeat – their third home loss in four games.

The Bracknell boss was hampered in his preparations for the game as injuries picked up by Jordan Rowland and Kennie Chamberlain against Ardley meant they were unavailable.

Dan Ridge and Elliott Garrington were handed full debuts - and battled well against the best the league has to offer.

It was an even start that saw Nathaniel Robinson and Sam Whiting go close for the hosts, before Garry Aulsberry was called into action to save from Gavin James.

The visitors steadily started to edge proceedings though and Jake White had to clear off the line twice in quick succession to deny Flackwell.

But the goal did arrive moments later when Dan Burnell capitalised on a weak clearing header and fired past Aulsberry to give the visitors a half-time lead.

Flackwell were full of confidence in the second half and they had another effort cleared off the line in the 50th minute when Ryan Millwall’s header saw Garrington deny the visitors.

But once again, the Heathens made amends just five minutes later as Joel Jacobs curled home a delightful free-kick from 25 yards.

The game was over as a contest just two minutes later when Burnell headed home his second goal from a Dan Rapley cross.

From that moment onwards it was cruise control for Flackwell as they knocked the ball around and kept it tight at the back to deny Bracknell any sniff of a comeback.

The Robins felt they should’ve had a penalty in the closing stages when Jacobs handled in the box but the referee was unmoved.

It looked a penalty and there were boisterous Bracknell appeals but it wouldn’t have altered the outcome of the contest, while Flackwell also felt they should have had one shortly after.

Dan Money then headed over for Bracknell but they couldn’t breach the Flackwell rearguard and were left to reflect on another home defeat.

Bracknell sit ninth in the table with five games remaining.

Penicott-Bowen’s men were due to play Thatcham Town last night (Tuesday) before travelling to relegation-threatened Brimscombe & Thrupp on Saturday (3pm).