The Moles have taken 19 points from a possible 21 on the road since Roger Herridge took the helm at Hill Farm Lane, moving them to just six points off the top of the Hellenic League Premier Division table with a game in hand.

Abingdon have struggled this season, but the Oxfordshire side were always going to be a tough test for Binfield, and they took the lead in the 25th minute.

Gary Callaway fouled Jimmy Deabil out wide, and from the resulting free-kick Anaclet Odhiambo headed past Dan Weait to put the hosts ahead.

But Binfield are made of stern stuff under Herridge, and they replied instantly when Ian Davies fired home two minutes later.

The home defence misjudged a simple ball over the top and Davies pounced to outsprint John Steedman and finish accordingly to level the score.

And a minute later the Moles had taken the lead, with a wonderstrike from Josh Howell.

A corner was only half-cleared and Howell fired home a half-volley from 25 yards that nestled in the top right-hand corner.

Weait made a good save from Steve Davis to preserve the Moles’ lead and ensure they went into the break 2-1 ahead.

Minutes into the second-half and Abingdon had the perfect chance to draw level when Weait tripped Odhiambo and the referee pointed to the spot.

Weait was adamant he hadn’t touched the striker and he would’ve felt justice had been done when he tipped Odhiambo’s penalty wide.

It was a let off for Binfield and they improved afterwards, grabbing their third goal of the game just after an hour.

Ali Dickie’s cross was headed towards goal by Jemel Johnson, forcing the keeper to parry the ball into the path of Davies who had the simplest of tasks to convert for his second goal.

Any hopes of a comeback from the hosts were ended ten minutes later when Deabil earned two yellow cards in quick succession.

From then on, it was comfortable for Moles and they added a fourth when Bowerman netted in the closing stages.

The Moles good form continued on Monday night as a Davies hat-trick inspired a comeback against Newbury in the Berks & Bucks County Senior Trophy.

Binfield went ahead through Davies after 20 minutes, but the visitors replied almost instantly to level the score.

It remained level until the break but Newbury edged ahead shortly after the restart against the run of play.

But the Moles didn’t let the setback affect them as they fought back to level the tie as Davies netted his second of the game with just over 20 minutes remaining.

With the game looking to be heading to a draw, Binfield struck twice in quick succession late on to seal victory.

Josh Pearson put Binfield ahead in the final ten minutes, before Davies completed his hat-trick just moments later as Binfield sealed their place in the next round with a 4-2 win.

The Moles host Highmoor Ibis in the league on Saturday (3pm), before travelling to Shrivenham on Wednesday (7.30pm).