WOODLEY United celebrated their first win and first goals in the Hellenic Premier this season with a 3-2 victory over Binfield.

A superb brace from ex-Binfield and Bracknell Town striker Ian Davies fuelled their victory at Rivermoor Stadium.

As for Moles, this was their second straight league defeat and they were under pressure from the first whistle on Saturday.

It took Woodley just nine minutes to go in front with a well-worked goal, Nathanael Robinson feeding Danny Horscroft who crossed for Davies to convert from eight yards out.

But the hosts were forced into a change six minutes later when the injured Greg Beckett made way for Carl Prestidge.

Yet luck also went against the Moles when they hit the woodwork twice in quick succession.

Jack Thompson-Wheeler headed a Joss Millar cross onto the left-hand post, then Harry Lee’s header from a right-wing centre cannoned off Alex Reed’s crossbar.

Moles then found themselves 3-0 down when Woodley scored twice more in four minutes before the break.

The hosts grabbed their second of the day when Robinson’s teasing free kick ended with Moles defender Jeff Brown heading into his own net with 40 minutes gone.

Then Davies notched his second goal four minutes later with an excellent finish from the left side of the area.

After some strong words from manager Roger Herridge at the interval, Binfield burst out of the traps after the restart.

Woodley, with centre-backs Idris Kamara and Michael Porter outstanding, weathered the pressure before Davies threatened again when a stinging shot was blocked.

But Moles grabbed a lifeline on 66 minutes when Josh Howell smashed a 30-yard free kick past a helpless Reed.

Reed then made a vital save to prevent Howell from repeating the trick before the Woodley keeper raced off his line to smother a Josh Millar effort.

The hosts almost wrapped up the victory soon after, but Porter missed the target from a good position.

So when Binfield made it 3-2 with two minutes left thanks to Brad Pagliaroli, Woodley hearts were in mouths.

But the hosts survived the last few minutes to claim their first win in the division.

Binfield visit Burnham this Saturday (3pm).