News » Roundup » Articles »

Dishwasher left on overnight sets on fire

Published: 29 Aug 2014 09:15

FIRE crews are warning households not to use appliances overnight after a close call at a Bracknell home early this morning (Aug 29).

Share this image

A dishwasher left on overnight at the address in Braybrooke Road, Bracknell, burst into flames after overheating.

Fire crews were called at around 6.00am and attended the scene for around 40 minutes.

The occupants, one woman, three children and the family dog, were unharmed but firefighters said the situation could have been 'much worse'.

They have now issued a warning to residents to turn off all kitchen appliances and electrical equipment at night.

Jump to first paragraph.