It was a game between two sides in similar positions in the league, but Jon Laugharne’s side did enough to make it three wins in a row in the league.

The game was played in heavy rain which made it a scrappy affair, ensuring the first goal would play a big part in the final outcome.

And it took just eight minutes for Finch to grab it, Harry Swabey’s long shot beating Richard Thomas.

It was a solid defensive effort from the hosts, and Tom Bryant was solid in goal when called upon as the visitors were denied the chance to level before the break.

The second half was a damp affair and neither side created many chances as Finch held on to move up to fourth in the table.

Finch host Reading YMCA on Saturday in the Berks & Bucks County Intermediate Cup (3pm).

Sandhurst Town remain bottom of the Combined Counties League Division One after falling to a 2-1 defeat at Sheerwater on Saturday.

The hosts took the lead through Daniel McIntyre before new Fizzers’ signing Lee Cope equalised.

Sandhurst’s goalscorer then had a penalty saved by Dan Smith, and Sheerwater grabbed the winner from the spot when McIntyre converted a dubious penalty The Fizzers also had a late equaliser controversially ruled out for a foul on the goalscorer.

They travel to CB Hounslow United this Saturday (3pm).

Wokingham & Emmbrook recorded their sixth successive win as they comfortably beat league leaders Easington Sports 3-1 on Saturday.

The Sumas were missing the influential George Dance and James Charlton but delivered a polished first-half performance that put them in complete control.

Dan Bateman’s, far right, side put in a performance that was assured and confident, displaying all the qualities that could see them top Hellenic League Division One East at the end of the season.

It took just eight minutes for the Sumas to seize the initiative as Elliot Rushforth, left, released Luke Scope, who finished calmly to break the deadlock.

Scope doubled his own tally - and Wokingham’s - in the 24th minute when he again combined with Rushforth to finish cutely and put the Sumas 2-0 up.

Wokingham dug in to protect their lead but added another five minutes before the break when Nick Bateman fired home a free-kick to all but seal the game.

The striker had gone close at 1-0 with a free-kick that cannonned back off the bar, but he went one better this time with a fantastic dipping effort that gave the keeper no chance.

The second half was a tight affair, with the Sumas showing the maturity to see the game out and risk nothing against the dangerous league leaders, who were always a threat throughout the game.

A fantastic 35-yard strike from James McMahon did beat Sean Woodward to deny him a clean sheet but Sumas saw the game out with ease to pick up the all-important three points and continue their fine run of form.

Wokingham sit third in the table, 10 points behind the leaders but with five games in hand, the majority of them at Lowther Road where they’ll be looking to make home support count.

Dan Bateman’s side host Unity in the Berks & Bucks County Intermediate Cup on Saturday (1.30pm).

EVERSLEY & California’s game at Farleigh Rovers was abandoned on Saturday due to a waterlogged pitch.

The game was level after 20 minutes but further rain ensured the already drenched pitch continued to deteriorate.

With safety for both teams an issue, the referee had no choice but to abandon the game, despite the best efforts to make it go ahead.

As the game was only 20 minutes old, no result will stand and the game will be replayed at another date.

Eversley now sit 12th in the Combined Counties Division One.

The Boars will be looking to bounce back when they travel to Dorking in a Combined Counties fixture on Saturday.