BERKS County gave their Premier Division survival hopes a boost with an excellent 1-1 draw at home to in-form Newbury, writes Richard Ashton.

Connor Banks put the Swords in front five minutes before the break, only for Russell Benham’s effort on the stroke of half time to earn the visitors a point.

Woodcote Stoke Row came from behind to snatch an impressive 2-1 victory in their top-of-the-table clash at Wright & Unity Sports.

After a goalless opening 45 minutes, the home side scored just a minute into the second period before WSR hit back valliantly, goals from substitute Ryan Corbett and an 83rd-minute Sam Green strike sealing all three points and an eight-point cushion at the summit.

Third-placed Westwood United had to settle for a 2-2 draw with Mortimer as goals from James Croft and Jake Fuller secured a point for the visitors.

Matt Booth got the only goal of the game as Wokingham & Emmbrook Reserves edged past Wraysbury Village 1-0.

Keiron Mabbutt, Sam Larking and Martin Abery were all on target as unbeaten Reading YMCA Rapids cruised to a 3-0 victory at Burghfield FC in Division One.

Rapids move up to sixth in the table – nine points behind table-toppers Imaan but with seven games in hand.

Third-placed Cookham Dean Reserves made light work of Frilsham & Yattendon, goals from James Barnard, Chris Ellis, Jack Shea and John Schaaf firing them to a 4-0 success.

Second-bottom Rotherfield United remain in relegation strife after losing 2-0 at Westwood United Reserves.

Mark Cooper was on the scoresheet for Brimpton Athletic, but it was not enough for the visitors as FC Woodley moved five points clear at the top of Division Two following a 3-2 home win.

An injury-time equaliser from Joe Pietrasik earned a point for rock bottom Hurst Reserves as they drew 2-2 at Marlow United Reserves. Fellow substitute David Worley grabbed the other goal for the basement boys, while Jordan Webb was on target for Mortimer Reserves as they slipped to a shock 3-1 home defeat to second-bottom Berks County Reserves.

Centre-back Darren Russell scored his first hat-trick since his school days as Woodcote Stoke Row Reserves stunned high-flying AFC Corinthians 4-1.

A Tom Brownlow penalty put WSR in front, only for the visitors to level before the break courtesy of a rebound from another spot-kick.

However, the second half turned into the Russell show, the defender putting his side back in front with a sumptuous 25-yard free-kick into the top left-hand corner.

He then added a second shortly after with a beautiful volley from eight yards out, before nodding home a Dave Givens free-kick to complete a stunning 20-minute treble.

In Division Three, third-placed Hurst A battled to a 2-2 draw at Woodley United A, Peter Jones and replacement Dean Cherrett on target for the visitors.

Henry Arthur’s 65th-minute strike helped Henley Town Reserves past Highmoor Ibis Athletic 1-0, while Wargrave overcame Braybrooke 3-1.

A marvellous hat-trick from Taran Bansal inspired Division Four cellar dwellers Farnham Royal Mavericks to an extraordinary 6-5 home win in their clash with second-bottom Harchester Hawks Development.

Zach Maynard, Nathan Horder and Martin Hudson were also on the scoresheet as Mavericks collected just a third win of the season, while Woodley United B proved too good for AFC Corinthians A, taking the points with a 3-1 triumph.

An early Qwamani Thomas goal helped Marlow United reach the semi finals of the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy with an impressive 1-0 victory at Buckingham Athletic, while South Reading are into the last four of the Junior Cup following a 2-1 home win against Eton Wick Reserves.

Ryan Kingsbeer and Liam Lewendon were the South Reading goalscorers.

Reading YMCA had to work hard before knocking out FC Imaan Lions at the quarter-final stage of the Berkshire Trophy Centre Senior Cup 3-2.

Ash Searle put the Young Men in front, but a goal either side of half time from Aqeel Butt and George Dallarda gave the visitors hope of a major upset.

However, YMCA were not to be denied, and Searle’s second, followed by a Dan Donegan penalty, gave the home side a safe passage into the last four.