JOSH Pearson scored a sensational hat-trick as Wokingham & Emmbrook returned to winning ways with a stunning 8-0 demolition of Thame Rangers in Division One East of the Hellenic League, writes Richard Ashton.

After dominating the opening half-hour, Pearson put the Sumas in front with a cool finish, but they were unable to add to their advantage before the break.

The second half was a different story, though, as the home side went goal crazy after Elliott Rushforth made it 2-0 on 47 minutes.

Pearson hammered home a powerful effort shortly after, and it was 4-0 when James Charlton found the back of the net on the hour mark.

Rushforth set up Pearson to complete his hat-trick and score his side’s fifth, before Jordan Blake drilled home from outside the box with 15 minutes remaining.

Sumas’ goalkeeper Sean Woodward was forced into a good save before Thame hit the cross-bar, but Sam Lawrence-Whiting then slotted home a penalty after Dan Carter was brought down in the box.

And the rout was completed late on as a flowing move ended with Blake finding Ben Winship to score the eighth.

The victory lifts Wokingham & Emmbrook to fifth ahead of their trip to Didcot Town Reserves this coming Saturday (3pm).

  • SANDHURST Town came from behind to inflict a 4-1 defeat on visiting Didcot Town Reserves in their Hellenic League Division One East encounter.

Lewis Wilcox put the Railwaymen in front on 20 minutes, but Charlie Oakley levelled before the break.

Conor Harlowe put the Fizzers in from in the 68th minute, before goals from Dan Gosling and Josh Maynard put the game to be.

Sandhurst Town host Chalfont Wasps this coming Saturday (3pm).

  • EVERSLEY & California slipped to a 3-1 home defeat to Cobham in Division One of the Combined Counties League.

The Boars are due to host Cove this Saturday (3pm).

l AFC Crowthorne smashed Hurricanes 8-1 in Division One of the Bracknell Town & District Sunday League.

The result lifted Crows to third in the table, while the home side stay eighth.

Ashridge Park conceded their game against Winkfield FC, but the remainder of the programme was postponed due to the snow.