Binfield’s Sean Moore was left seeing double after enduring mixed fortunes twice in the space of four days, writes Dave Wright.

The striker came off the bench in the 72nd minute during the Moles’ 7-3 hiding at Royal Wootton Bassett last Wednesday. He scored in the 78th minute, but committed two yellow-card offences in the space of 10 minutes and was sent off.

Despite that, Moore was in the starting line-up for Saturday’s home match with Longlevens which the Moles won 3-2, and he scored his side’s opening goal in the 36th minute.

However, once again he was first in the shower, being shown a straight red card in the 82nd minute for apparently using foul and abusive language. Moore will now face a three or four match ban.

And frustrated manager Roger Herridge said: “He came on as substitute at Wootton Bassett, was great for 30 minutes, then got sent off.

“He started on Saturday and was unplayable at times before being sent off again. It’s frustrating as Sean has the potential to be one of the best players in the Hellenic League.”

Binfield’s 10 men held on for a deserved three points with a performance that went a long way towards clearing last Wednesday’s disastrous result out of their system.

Herridge’s men travelled to the Royal town on the back of a seven-match unbeaten run, but were blown apart as they conceded three goals in the opening 10 minutes with their defence unable to cope with the home side’s long-ball game.

It was proving a nightmare evening for keeper Harry Craven and he was beaten three more times before the interval with the visitors managing to pull one goal back when Brad Pagliaroli netted with a powerful left-footed drive.

Binfield tightened up their defence considerably in the second half and conceded just the one goal, which came on the hour mark, and their improved performance was rewarded with goals from Luke Hayden, with a smart finish after beating the offside trap, and Moore, who fired home from the edge of the area.

And it was Moore who opened Binfield’s account on Saturday in the 36th minute to cancel out Myron Turner’s 20th-minute goal for Longlevens.

Josh Howell fired the hosts ahead from the penalty spot in the 54th minute, but six minutes later the scores were back level courtesy of a strike from Craig Martin.

Binfield finished the stronger and deservedly won the game thanks to another goal from Davies 10 minutes from time.

The prolific marksman now needs two more to reach 150 Binfield goals.

The Moles remain seventh in the table, two points behind Brimscombe & Thrupp, the side they visit on Saturday. They then host Windsor at Hill Farm Lane on Monday (7.45pm ko).