FINCHAMPSTEAD advanced in the Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup with a dramatic 4-2 home penalty shoot-out win against FC Imaan Lions, the two sides having drawn 1-1 in normal time, writes Richard Ashton.

Lewis Francis put the home side in front, but George Dallarda levelled before Finches held their nerve to progress.

Jamie Wilson and Mark Kirwan netted for home side Burghfield FC in their 2-2 draw with Mortimer Reserves, the hosts moving into the next round after winning 5-3 in the penalty shoot-out.

Another team to progress after going to spot-kicks were Maidenhead Magpies, who edged out Slough Heating 5-4 following a 2-2 draw.

Cookham Dean Reserves crashed out following a 2-1 defeat to Chalvey Sports Reserves.

FC Woodley proved too strong for Ascot United Reserves, securing a 3-1 victory, Kintbury Rangers Reserves knocked Harchester Hawks out 2-1, and Delaford crushed Marlow United Reserves 4-0.

In the Hampshire County Cup, Brimpton Athletic were beaten 2-1 by Durley Reserves.

Woodcote Stoke Row remain top of the Premier Division after an impressive 4-1 win at Westwood United.

The home side started well and looked likely to score first, but it was first blood to Woodcote after only seven minutes.

Westwood over-committed to attack and when the ball came to James Worsfold his delightful one-touch pass played in Mike Davies who slid the ball past the advancing keeper.

Three minutes later it was 2-0 and Davies was involved once again.

His low cross from the right looked destined for Jake Dillon, but his step-over allowed the ball to travel to Adam Cashin-Murray who finished emphatically at the far post.

WSR pressed for the third goal and in the 39th minute James Worsfold’s bullet header was brilliantly tipped over the bar, before Mike Butcher’s powerful volley struck an upright.

The away side did increase their lead to 3-0 just before half time when Dillon’s pass found his twin brother Frank, whose on-target shot looked to be covered by the goalkeeper, only to be deflected into the goal by a defender.

Westwood threw everything they had at Woodcote at the start of the second half, but the visitors defended resolutely and created one or two chances themselves on the break.

The lead was eventually increased on 80 minutes when young substitute Aris Asri met Jonny Adey’s cross to score his first goal for the club.

Westwood reduced the arrears right at the end of the game when Butcher, who had been excellent throughout, was dispossessed near the touchline and the resulting cross was converted from close range.

Surdariu Catalin, James Hardie and Liam Bushay got the goals as Marlow United cruised to a 3-0 victory at Berks County, Mortimer smashed Taplow United 4-0 and Wright & Unity Sports squeezed past Wraysbury Village 1-0.

A Sam Guze double and goals from Jack McCormack, Edward Thomas and Liam Wilson earned Woodley United Royals a 5-2 success at Wokingham & Emmbrook Reserves, although Royals were knocked out of the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup with a 3-2 defeat at Sandhurst Town last Wednesday. Wilson and Callum Samuel-Harman were the visitors’ goalscorers.

Substitute Duarte Surpanu bagged a late brace as Maidenhead Town thrashed Frilsham & Yattendon 6-1 in Division One, Chip Duncan, Dave Hyde, Ashley Waite and Jonathan Webb the other goalscorers for the victorious side.

Richings Park stayed unbeaten with a 2-0 home win against Rotherfield United.

In Division Two, Woodcote Stoke Row Reserves posted their first points of the season with a 4-3 win against Berks County Reserves. Woodcote’s goals were scored by Jay Pittaway, Anthony Murnane-Bell, Dan Offley and an own goal, while Dave Amey, Craig Lawson and Callum Shields replied for the away side.

Ashley Lamb’s 80th-minute equaliser earned Hurst Reserves a point from a 1-1 draw with South Reading, Jamie Broadley having put the visitors in front in the first half.

Division Three table-toppers Goring United lost their perfect record with a 2-0 home defeat to Braybrooke, while Hurst A drew 1-1 with Henley Town Reserves and Woodley United A won 3-0 at Taplow United Reserves.

Josh Trayte, Steve Newell and Scott Cooper were on target for Maidenhead Town Reserves as they eased past Highmoor Ibis Athletic 3-0.

A stunning Jacek Bojda hat-trick proved the catalyst for White Eagles Reserves to thrash Farnham Royal Mavericks 7-2 in Division Four.

Piotr Bronk also bagged a brace and Michael Telega and Mariusz Zienkiewicz completed the scoring for the home side. Taran Bansal and Charlie Lewis replied with the consolations for the Mavericks.Callum Graham’s goal was not enough for Berks County Rovers as they lost 2-1 at home to Cintra Park Rovers, while AFC Corinthians A and Goring United Reserves drew 0-0.

Darren Justice netted twice and Liam Hancox and Jayden Freeman were also on the scoresheet as Taplow United A beat Harchester Hawks Development 4-1, and Woodley United B defeated Maidenhead Town A 3-1, Tom Osborne scoring for the visitors.