Battling Bracknell Town earned a home Buildbase FA Vase fourth-round replay against Sydenhams Wessex League high-fliers Blackfield & Langley with a 3-3 draw after extra time.

The Robins trailed three times to a side that was reduced to 10 men late in the first half when keeper Brad Snelling was sent off for bringing down Kensley Maloney as the midfielder broke free into the area. Fortunately for them, the home side had named a reserve goalie in Callum Maher and, after midfielder Connor Hoare had been substituted, Maher's first job was to pick the ball out of the net as Seb Bowerman found the bottom left-hand corner from the penalty spot.

This 40th-minute goal - the first Blackfield had conceded in nine games - cancelled out the 24th-minute opener from home skipper Sam Poole who headed past keeper Chris Grace after Bracknell had been slow to react to a short-corner routine.

Bracknell, with their man advantage, dominated the second half, but they fell behind again when Lerone Plummer restored the home side's after 57 minutes as he took advantage of a slip in defence to beat Grace.

His goal looked set to prove the winner when the tie moved into extra time, however, out of the blue came Bracknell's second goal - a left-footed thunderbolt from midfielder Jamie McClurg, who found the top right-hand corner from the edge of the area.

Robins still had to defend and it needed a superb block by Joe Gater to deny the hosts another goal.

They did fall behind again four minutes into extra time through Sam Griffin, but six minutes later Bowerman's superb delivery into the area saw substitute Terence Bohane bring the scores level for a third time.

Town had strong appeals for a penalty rejected when Adam Cornell looked to be fouled, while Bowerman had a good effort tipped over the bar and they looked the more likely side to snatch a late winner.

It was an exciting game for neutrals, but could not have done the heart pressure of Blackfield and Bracknell fans in the crowd of around 150.

With Blackfield tiring, the visitors looked more likely to grab the winner, but in the end, a draw was a fair result and the sides will meet again at Larges Lane on Tuesday.

Whilst they have the advantage of playing on their 3G pitch, the Robins still have a lot of work to do if they are to reach the last 16 as Blackfield are certainly one of the best sides they have faced this season.

This replay, of course, means that the Uhlsport Hellenic League club's Berks & Bucks Senior Cup tie against Slough, which was re-arranged late last week for this Tuesday, will have to be changed again.