BRACKNELL Town hammered Highmoor Ibis 7-0 in the Hellenic League on Tuesday, having battered Burnham by the same wide margin last Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

And another midweek derby also produced a goal bonanza with Binfield defeating Ascot United 6-2 at the Racecourse Ground.

While Adam Cornell netted a hat-trick at The Gore, his strike partner, TJ Bohane, took the honours at Larges Lane with a quick-fire treble.

He opened the scoring after a quarter-of-an-hour, back-heeled in the second two minutes later and completed his treble on 20 minutes.

Having bagged two at Burnham, Bohane becomes the fourth Town player this season to take his personal goal tally into double figures.

He looked set to net a fourth when he burst through, only to be hauled down by keeper Aaron Watkins.

Seb Bowerman made no mistake from the penalty spot to make it 4-0 at half time, his 11th goal of the campaign.

Cornell took his tally to 23 with strikes in the 48th and 50th minutes, the latter from a delightful chip, before setting up the seventh for Bowerman in the 83rd minute.

The Robins missed several other chances, while Watkins pulled off a string of excellent saves.

Bracknell are still waiting to hear the outcome of last week’s Floodlit Cup tie with Highmoor which was abandoned 15 minutes from time by the referee following an incident with an Ibis player he had sent off.

The matter will initially be dealt by the Berks & Bucks FA and, with Highmoor expected to ask for a personal hearing, it could be weeks before they consider what action to take. And then it will be up to the Hellenic League to decide if the tie, which was goalless at the time, should be replayed.

Bracknell are in FA Vase second-round action this Saturday with Cricklewood Wanderers the visitors to Larges Lane. As the Middlesex Senior League side play at a lower level, another high-scoring game looks in prospect.

Binfield secured a resounding 6-2 victory at Ascot United.

Sean Moore headed them in front after two minutes, but after 15 minutes they were behind with Ben Hodges and Josh Dillon netting for the Yellamen.

Ian Davies then scored twice to make it 3-2 with just 25 minutes on the clock.

Defender Harry Laflin added his name to the scoresheet before Moore fired home from 25 yards to make it 5-2 at half time.

Ascot, who are now down to second-from-bottom in the table following Burnham’s 2-0 win over Woodley on Monday, tightened up their defence in the second half and restricted the Moles to just one further goal, netted by Josh Howell in the 52nd minute.