JOSH Hennah scored another spectacular goal to seal a 2-0 win for Bracknell Town at Brimscombe & Thrupp, writes Dave Wright.

The teenage left-back had hit the headlines with a sensational solo effort against Woodley United last month.

On Saturday his run was not so long, but his finish was even better, a thunderbolt of a rising shot that the keeper, Lewis Skyers, got his fingers to, but had no chance of keeping out.

His goal just before the half-hour mark, added to Adam Cornell’s opener after 72 seconds, and from them on the Robins never looked like losing.

Although given a let-off when Brimscombe skipper Karl Nash missed a sitter, they generally dictated the game.

And that was some achievement considering they were missing several key players, including keeper Chris Grace, centre-back Joe Gater, midfielder Jamie McClurg plus forwards Seb Bowerman and Liam Ferdinand.

They did, however, welcome back Khalid Senussi from injury and it was his left-wing cross that led to Town’s early opener. His shot was parried by the keeper and Cornell was left with a simple task of turning the ball over the line.

Boosted by this early goal, Town looked sharp in the early stages, although it soon became clear that Brimscombe were not going to be an easy pushover on a day when they, like their visitors, were missing a number of players.

Hennah’s corker came at a good time, as it put Bracknell even more firmly in the driving seat.

Captain Carl Davies was outstanding in the heart of the defence, with Gater’s replacement, Alex Rodrigues, also giving nothing away.

Reserve keeper Karl Steinborn-Buss looked assured apart from one occasion when he raced out of his area, took a lunge at an onrushing player, who then fired wide of an open goal. The Bracknell man was also yellow carded.

Moments earlier, Town had gone close at the other end, when Hennah set Cornell, but, after turning his marker, his shot lacked power and was easily gathered by Sykers.

Town had another opportunity to add a third before half-time when Philip John raced clear, but he, too, could not beat the goalie.

John was replaced by Jon Bennett as the game reached the hour mark and the substitute wasn’t far off with a header, the ball just clearing the bar.

In the closing stages, Town were not as dominant as they had been earlier and Steinborn-Buss became the busier of the two keepers, but his handling was sound, enabling the Robins to keep their first clean sheet in five games.

Bracknell will certainly face a tougher test at Thatcham this Saturday (3pm), but they have a good record over the Kingfishers, having beaten them in four league and cup meetings last season. And manager Mark Tallentire should have several of last Saturday’s absentees back available.