GOAL machine Frankie Bakrlik continued his sensational scoring run for Bracknell Bees – but was later forced out of the game by what looked a harsh decision by the match officials, writes Dave Wright.

The Czech scored the second goal as Bees defeated London Raiders 4-2 in a highly-entertaining NIHL Division Two South game at The Hive on Sunday.

And that means the league’s leading scorer has netted in 10 successive games, taking his season’s tally to an impressive 18 goals.

However, his night’s work came to an abrupt end in the 23rd minute when he reacted to being struck by London’s JJ Pitchley by slashing back at his opponent.

The fact the London player stayed down on the ice seemed to convince referee Stephen Matthews it was a more serious offence than it initially looked and the unfortunate Bakrlik received a five-minute penalty, followed by a match ban.

Former Bracknell player Pitchley was booed for the rest of the game by Bees fans.

Four minutes after the incident, Pitchley helped set up a goal for Raiders which brought them back into the game at 3-2, but Bees regained their two-goal advantage through James Galazzi and went on to secure their eighth win in nine league games.

The game could so easily have produced quite a few more goals as there were numerous chances at both ends in one of the most entertaining games seen at The Hive this season.

Both sides maintained a fast pace throughout the 60 minutes with the game switching rapidly from one end to the other.

In the opening period, Bees were outshot 14-10, yet still opened up a 3-1 lead.

Callum Best got the ball rolling just after the seven-minute mark with Shaun Thompson and Bakrlik providing the assists.

A swift counter-attack down London’s right flank led to Ollie Baldock equalising on 11:13, but Bees regained the lead almost immediately thanks to a 20-yard rocket from Bakrlik straight down the middle.

It became 3-1 in the 17th minute when Josh Martin turned his marker before neatly flicking the puck into the net.

The hosts were unable to add to their tally during the second period, no doubt the Bees being stunned by the loss of Bakrlik.

Slovakian Juraj Huska pulled one back for Raiders and it needed some brilliant work by net-minder Danny Milton to prevent them getting back on level terms or even going ahead.

When the hooter sounded for the end of the period several team-mates went to congratulate the 24-year-old keeper.

Milton continued to keep the Raiders at bay in the final period with Bees completing the scoring in the 50th minute through Galazzi and so giving them a quick league double over London.

Martin earned his side’s man-of-the-match award.

Callum Best had been Bracknell’s best man on Saturday, when they lost 5-2 at Swindon in the National Cup.

This Group D game saw a welcome return for Alex Barker following his lay-off with concussion.

It was a goal apiece in the opening period with Chris Jones putting the Wildcats ahead in the 10th minute and Bakrlik replying with a power-player goal on 15:52.

The packed-out rink had to wait until the 46th minute before seeing Joe Hazeldine restore the home side’s lead.

Jan Kostal made it 3-1 before Bees cut their deficit through Shaun Thompson with captain Matt Foord getting his second assist of the match.

Max Birbraer extended his side’s lead on 56:44 and, with Bees having withdrawn Alex Mettam, Philip Hill found the empty net in the final minute to complete a 5-2 win.

Bees remain bottom of the group after four matches with unbeaten Swindon four points clear of both Telford and Basingstoke.

Bees are home on Saturday (6pm) to winless Cardiff Fire before visiting Invicta Dynamos on Sunday (5.15pm).