BINFIELD conceded two late goals to lose 2-1 at home to Fairford Town on Saturday in a Premier Division game which ended with manager Roger Herridge being dismissed from the dug-out and skipper Sean Moore sent to the sin-bin.

The Moles felt that Moore, who minutes earlier had missed a penalty, was fouled in the build-up which led to Fairford's winning goal.

Herridge also believed his side should have been awarded a penalty in the first half when a visiting defender appeared to handle the ball as he lay on the ground in the area.

Sadly for them, it just wasn't Binfield's day, but they certainly played their part in a very competitive game between two quality sides performing with a lot of determination and commitment.

It was a fine advertisement for the league, with its chairman, Bob Dalling, among the crowd of 167.

The Moles could have virtually sewn up the points in the first half. They created several good early chances, but poor finishing and excellent saves by keeper Harrison Ellis left the game goalless at half-time.

Binfield's goal came just before the hour mark when a smart move instigated by centre-back Liam Gavin and taken on by Jack Thompson-Wheeler and Josh Howell led to Josh Helmore turning the ball wide of Ellis and into the far corner.

And they looked good value for their lead as the game entered its final quarter – but then things started to go against them.

Nathan Hawkins' excellent free-kick into a crowded goalmouth was deflected into the net, making it all square with 10 minutes remaining.

Five minutes later, the Moles had a great chance to regain the lead when they were awarded a penalty for pushing in the area, but Moore's spot-kick was brilliantly pushed away by Ellis.

This gave Fairford a lift and in the 89th minute, they snatched the winner with Harvey Scholes hitting home a sweet volley as Aiden Bennett's effort came back off the crossbar.

The Moles have no fixture scheduled for this Saturday.

Fairford are due to return to Hill Farm Lane on Monday, December 9 for a Bluefin Sports (UHL) Cup tie.

Wokingham & Emmbrook, whose Division One East game at Wallingford on Saturday was postponed, were due to return to action last night (Tuesday) away to Langley. Then this Saturday they take on struggling Woodley United at the Rivermoor Stadium.