NEW signing Sean McCormack snatched a late equaliser to earn Bracknell Town a 1-1 draw with Waltham Abbey in the rain at Larges Lane on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

The 22-year-old winger has moved from South Central Division rivals Westfield, having previously played for Maidenhead United, Met Police and Walton Casuals.

McCormack was not the only new face on view as there was also a debut for keeper Dante Baptiste, a replacement for injured Watford youth team-mate James Hoskins.

The 17-year-old made some decent saves and was a shade unfortunate to concede the goal which gave the visitors their 22nd-minute lead.

A long diagonal pass from Louis Bowen found NathanTwum-Koranteng deep on the right flank. He cut in and unleashed a shot which took a deflection off Town left-back Caden Genovesi as he tried to avert the danger.

Nathan Minhas had a good chance to equalise in the 36th minute when he broke clear, but keeper Charlie Crowley managed to turn away for a corner, from which Crowley pushed out Seb Bowerman's effort.

Town enjoyed more possession, but they gave the ball away a little too easily at times and there was no real cutting edge to their attacks.

With 66 minutes gone, Abbey were reduced to 10 men with Charlie Edwards being shown two yellow cards in quick succession.

With the game into its last 20 minutes, McCormack replaced Dan Carr and then Owen James came on for Kai Walters.

Within a minute, James went down injured, although he was able to continue after treatment, and in the 85th minute McCormack equalised. James and Genovesi were involved in the build-up which led to the debutant turning the ball home from close range.

The Robins threw men forward in search of the winner and it almost came when Dan Bayliss saw his effort strike the post and roll across before being scrambled clear.

Abbey were lucky not to have had another man sent off when Junior Appiah appeared to stamp on James' head when he was on the ground a few yards away from the referee's assistant, but the defender surprisingly went unpunished.

Bracknell, ninth in the table, are away to second-placed Harlow this Saturday.

Tomorrow they are due to visit Chalfont St Peter in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup, having defeated the same side 2-1 in the Velocity Trophy a week earlier with the impressive James scoring both goals, in the 22nd and 57th minutes.

Zayd Ait-Fahim pulled one back for the visitors late in the game with a penalty which saw Genovesi sent off for handling the ball.

Town, who completed their Group Five fixtures with a 100 per cent record, will meet Premier Division Hornchurch in the last 32 knock-out stage at Larges Lane on December 10 or 11.