BINFIELD are through to the third round of the FA Vase following their 3-1 win over Redhill on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

The form book suggested it was a home banker, and it looked that way when Sean Moore and an own goal put them 2-0 ahead with less than 20 minutes played.

But for the rest of the game, the Premier Division high fliers found it particularly hard going with Redhill's performance belying their second-bottom position in the Combined Counties League, even when they were reduced to 10 men in the second half.

The Lobsters deservedly halved their deficit with the best strike of the game, only for Moore to restore the two-goal advantage with his second penalty of the afternoon.

The striker had also been involved in the opening goal in the fourth minute, with his right-wing cross being turned into his own net by Redhill defender Nehemiah Adams.

Two minutes earlier, Jemel Johnson had struck the foot of the post as the Moles carried on where they had left off in their 5-0 win at Windsor last Tuesday.

And when Johnson was pulled back in the 19th minute, Moore made no mistake from the penalty spot.

If Binfield thought they could know move into cruise control, they were soon made to think again, with Morgan Jenden blasting home a left-footed shot from close to 30 yards into the top right corner.

The goal galvanised Redhill and they enjoyed a good spell until half-time which they carried into the second half.

They nearly equalised through Gary Abisogun, his shot being superbly palmed over the bar by keeper Joe Williams, and again when Sam King hit the post.

Binfield were living dangerously and they were probably relieved to see Redhill reduced to 10 men in the 67th minute when Kayo Koney was sent off for a challenge on Calam Gallimore.

Five minutes later, it was Josh Helmore's turn to be brought down, and Moore sent keeper Craig Bradshaw the wrong way from the penalty spot.

The goal took some of the wind out of the Redhill sails, but they kept going right to the end despite being reduced to nine men for 10 minutes with Abisogun was sent to the sin-bin and it needed a combination of Williams and Idris Kamara to deny them a second goal.

Roger Herridge's travel to Longlevens for a league fixture this coming Saturday (3pm).

Their Berks & Bucks Senior Cup tie at Maidenhead United has been arranged for Tuesday, December 3 (7.45pm).

Brilliant Binfield outshone Windsor, winning 5-0 at Stag Meadow last Tuesday on a night when the kick-off was delayed for 30 minutes due to problems with the floodlights.

They never looked back after taking the lead through Howell with just 72 seconds on the clock.

George Short missed an open goal for the Moles, while Windsor went close to replying when Luke Appleton hit the post,

A swift counter-attack down the Binfield right flank featuring Howell and right-back Jack Thompson-Wheeler saw the latter make it 2-0 in the 34th minute.

And five minutes before half-time Moore took advantage of a slip by keeper Nojus Trinovas to add the third goal.

Windsor made a promising start to the second half, but their hopes of hauling themselves back into the game disappeared when Moore powered his way through to make it 4-0 in the 57th minute for his 16th goal in as many games.

Both sides introduced substitutes and it was one of them, Johnson, who provided the cross for Helmore to tap home Binfield's fifth goal after 73 minutes.

WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook's game at Division One East leaders Risborough Rangers last Saturday was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

The Sumas are home again this coming Saturday when the visitors are Thame Rangers (3pm).

Next Monday (November 11) they play Bracknell Town Reserves at Larges Lane in the third round of the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy.