UNBEATEN Premier Division leaders Ascot United came from behind to win 2-1 at Balham on Saturday.

Manager Jamie Tompkins was forced to make a number of changes to his team and they took time to settle down, going behind to a Jack Robinson goal in the 18th minute.

Moments later, Tom Read struck the angle of Ascot's post and crossbar with a long-range effort, but midway through the half Balham were reduced to 10 men with defender Hamish Frew shown a straight red card for bringing down Ian Davies, who was clean through. Jonny Denton's free-kick was spilt by keeper Haydn Reed, allowing Davies to tap home the equaliser.

The winner came two minutes before half-time. Following good work by Ethan Burden, Davies had a shot beaten away by Reed. The ball fell to Usman Lalustani, who crossed for James Richardson to hammer into the net.

Ascot have now dropped just two points from their eight away games prior to their first home game on their new 3G pitch at the Racecourse ground against Guildford City tomorrow (Tuesday).

They are away to Southern Counties East League Division One side Sporting Club Thamesmead in the first round of the FA Vase this coming Saturday and home to Camberley in the league next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Sandhurst Town's first Division One fixture away to Jersey Bulls saw them crash 4-1 to the unbeaten leaders, who are now 10 out of 10.

In front of a crowd of more than 800, Harry Cardwell opened the scoring in the 22nd minute and three minutes later Karl Hinds extended the St Helier side's lead.

Fizzers got back in the game through Paddy Gardner in the 53rd minute with a left-footer from the edge of the area,

But Sol Solomon restored Jersey's two-goal advantage on 70 minutes and substitute Fraser Barlow added their fourth in the 84th minute, having been on the field for just four minutes.

The hosts finished with 10 men following a red card for scorer Hinds, who appeared to headbutt Tom Cooper.

Sandhurst, who stay second in the table but now 10 points adrift of Jersey, are away to Walton & Hersham this coming Saturday (3pm).

Eversley & California's home match with British Airways was marred by fighting between players in the middle of the pitch.

Boars substitute Anmol Rai and the BA keeper, who ran half the length of the field to get involved, were both sent off.

The ugly incident came late on in the game, which the visitors won 3-2.

Earlier, Sam Knight had cancelled out BA's opener with a header from Chris Robson's cross, but they paid the price for poor marking and conceded two more goals.

Harrison Shade spent 10 minutes in the sin-bin before Eversley reduced their arrears when Ali Dickie supplied the finishing touch to a set-piece delivery from Harry Stephenson.

It was Boars' seventh defeat in nine league games and they share bottom place with Godalming Town, who they take on at home this coming Saturday (3pm), with both sides looking to improve their meagre total of four points.