SHANE Cooper-Clark marked his return to Bracknell Town's side with a trademark goal in their 2-0 win at Bedfont Sports on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

Sidelined with a foot injury since the opening day of the Isthmian League season, he came off the bench to net the second goal in what was ultimately a comfortable victory.

Charlie Losasso had earlier broken the deadlock on a day when it took Bracknell more than an hour to break down a resilient Bedfont side.

The Robins were clearly the superior side on the 3G pitch, but they certainly made things difficult for themselves and it was very much a case of them staying patient.

They gave the ball away too often and there was a lack of cohesion at times, meaning they were unable to take a grip on the game.

As the first half progressed, however, they started to create chances, most of them set up by Seb Bowerman, who always had the beating of his Bedfont marker.

When the wide-man placed an excellent cross into the area it looked a certain goal for the onrushing Dan Carr, but he scooped the ball over the crossbar from close range.

Town's defence were never under any serious pressure, but keeper Mark Scott, caught off his line, was relieved to see Justin Clayton get back to stop the hosts taking the lead just before the half-hour mark.

Bracknell, however, continued to look the more threatening side with Carr just failing to get on the end of another tantalising Bowerman cross. He also headed straight at keeper David Trivino, who had to throw himself to his right to keep out Nicholas Bignall's effort.

Sam Lock's men started to boss the game even more from early in the second half, but it was the manager's double substitution around the hour mark which was to prove decisive.

Cooper-Clark and Ousman Darboe were sent on with the out-of-luck Carr and Bignall withdrawn, and five minutes later the deadlock was broken.

Not surprisingly, Bowerman, now operating down the right, was involved with his low cross being neatly turned home by Lasasso for his first goal for the club.

Losasso was threatening to get in another shot when he was brought down just outside the penalty area in a central position. Up stepped Cooper-Clark, but his free-kick flew just over the crossbar.

But his next effort on goal, found the target with an almighty thud. Cooper-Clark took a return pass from fellow sub Darboe as they worked the ball across the field, and hammered a stoppable shot from just outside the area which gave the keeper no chance.

The Robins, now flying high against the Eagles, cruised through the rest of the game to secure their third win in five South Central Division matches.

However, they can expect a much tougher test tonight when they host Westfield at Larges Lane tonight (Wednesday, 7.45pm).

The unbeaten Woking-based club made it four wins from five league fixtures last Saturday when hammering Hertford 9-1 away, following up an 8-0 home romp over FC Romania in the Velocity Trophy, with Bracknell in the same group.

The Robins are then away to Chalfont St Peter in the league this coming Saturday, followed by a Velocity Trophy tie against Romania at Cheshunt the following Wednesday.