ROGER Herridge insists the 5-0 scoreline failed to reflect Binfield's spirited performance in their FA Cup defeat at Harrow Borough on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

"Three goals in the last 15 minutes flattered them," said the Moles manager.

"In the end, it was a disappointing scoreline as it was not a true reflection of the game.

"We contributed a lot to an entertaining tie and I am proud of my team's performance.

"We could have gone there and just tried to keep them out, but we had a real go at them and had chances to take the lead in the first half-hour."

Right-back Jack Thompson-Wheeler, on the overlap, Sean Moore and Asa Povey all caused problems for a side which included former Bracknell Town midfielder Kensley Maloney.

They comfortably held the Southern League side at bay, but a misunderstanding in the Binfield defence resulted in a scramble which saw Idris Kamara foul Anthony O'Connor to give away a penalty, which Michael Bryan dispatched past keeper Joe Williams.

Jamie McClurg and Moore both forced saves from goalie Hafed Al-Droubi as the Hellenic League side tried to get on terms, only for them to concede a second goal in the 41st minute through George Moore.

Moles continued to battle away in the second half with Povey and Danny Horscroft both having efforts well saved by Al-Droubi.

Going into the last 15 minutes Harrow were still unable to relax, but their fitness and experience told in the end which saw them add three goals.

O'Connor made it 3-0 in the 77th minute and then set up the fourth for George Moore after 85 minutes with O'Connor also adding the fifth on 90 minutes.

Binfield, who were tasting defeat for the first time this season, visit AFC Aldermaston in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase this Saturday (3pm).

Then next Monday (7.45pm) they host Premier Division rivals Burnham in the preliminary round of the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup.

Their Banbury Litho Floodlit Cup tie at Flackwell Heath, scheduled for last night (Tuesday), was postponed due to the Wilks Park club being involved in an FA Cup replay against Sutton Athletic.