ROSS Weatherstone has stepped down as manager of Binfield FC's development side, having recently guided them to victory in the Suburban League's Mike Bidmead Trophy final.

He said: "I am proud that we provided nine players for Roger (Herridge) to use in the first team. My reasons for moving on is based around my work with Global Premier Soccer and I feel my commitment has to be with the players and clubs we are partnered with."

Club chairman Bob Bacon commented: “Ross has been brilliant to have around. As a coach, a mentor and the manager he has had a positive impact.

"Players have come through into the first team, which given the fact that he had to rebuild a team for last season was no mean achievement. To win a trophy, too, was a testimony to the work he did. I wish him well as he continues his career.”

THE Ascot & District Fielden Cup final on Wednesday last week produced the best hat-trick seen at Larges Lane this season.

It came from Dean Morgan as FC Beaconsfield defeated East Berks League rivals Britwell 5-1.

His first goal came with an unstoppable shot from the left corner of the penalty area, his second was a thunderbolt from nearly 30 yards and his third was a high up and under from the halfway line with the very last shot of the game.

Anton Bradley, who was outstanding in midfield, and Tyler Abear netted the other goals with Craig Kelly replying for Britwell.

FINCHAMPSTEAD slipped to a 2-0 defeat in their Thames Valley Premier League Division One clash at Westwood United Reserves, Danny Nicholson bagging a brace for the hosts.

Champions Newbury ended their season with a 0-0 draw at home to Westwood.

Golas from Sam Tucker, Tom Brownlow, Ryan Corbett and Ed Gadd helped Woodcote Stoke Row Reserves beat Division Two champions Wargrave 4-2, James Pople and Sam Wild on target for the visitors.

Ciaran Crean netted for Farnham Royal Mavericks, but they were crushed 5-1 at Division Four winners Datchet Village.

FC Fernhill's treble dreams were ended when they lost 4-0 to Lightwater in the final of the Aldershot Sunday Cup.