HAVING played for Bracknell Town on Saturday, Sean Moore turned out for Binfield on Tuesday and scored as they beat Ascot United 3-1 in extra time to reach the Perpetua Press Floodlit Cup final for the second year running.

The holders took a 43rd-minute lead through Ian Davies, but in doing so the striker suffered a hamstring injury and will almost certainly miss the final against Ardley United at Fairford next Tuesday.

The Yellamen were down to 10 men at the time, with Elliott Carey shown a straight red card after 30 minutes for an incident the referee spotted as players jostled for position in the penalty area.

But the introduction of substitutes Luqman Kassim and Geoff Kibaki helped to galvanise Ascot and a period of pressure was rewarded when the former headed home a left-wing cross from skipper Jonny Denton.

Both sides had chances to win the game in 90 minutes, with the best falling to Binfield’s Danny Horscroft, who missed a sitter just before full time.

However, it took the Moles just 43 seconds of extra time to go back in front through Eddie Lee, and Moore sealed victory a minute into the second period.

Ascot and Binfield, who lost 2-1 at Tuffley Rovers last Saturday, are both without a game this weekend.

Wokingham & Emmbrook enjoyed one of their best Division One East results of the season, winning 2-1 at high-flying AFC Aldermaston thanks to a Jake White penalty in stoppage-time.

Sumas had to soak up a lot of pressure, but often threatened on the break, mainly through Connor Holland and Ellis Day.

Having survived a first-half penalty miss, they had a good slice of luck with their first goal, as Aldermaston’s Martin King’s back pass towards keeper Sean Saxty took a bobble and rolled into the net after 76 minutes.

Josh Harris had a shot well saved by Saxty before the Atom Men equalised through Sid Gbla in the first minute of stoppage time.

Shortly afterwards, Wokingham were awarded a penalty and White kept his nerve to slot home the winner.

Sumas move up to fifth with two home games remaining. The first is on April 13 against Thame Rangers.