BINFIELD FC's new keeper, Lee Wyatt, was in the wars for the second week running.

Having had to go off in the 2-1 win over Fairford and replaced by defender Liam Gavin, the youngster was forced to leave the field again during last Saturday's 2-1 Premier Division defeat away to Tuffley Rovers.

The score was 1-1 at the time, with Josh Howell having put the Moles ahead with a penalty just before half-time after Ian Davies had been pulled down.

It was another penalty, this time given away by Wyatt, which enabled the Gloucestershire side to equalise in the 65th minute.

Warren Mann's spot-kick was parried by the keeper diving to his left, but the Rovers substitute followed up to hammer home the rebound.

Ten minutes later, Wyatt was forced to leave the field with a bad case of cramp.

This time, Gavin Smith took over between the posts, but stood no chance when Will Dawes unleashed an unstoppable shot high into the net to give Rovers revenge for their 4-2 defeat at Binfield two weeks earlier.

Binfield drop one place to ninth in the Premier Division standings with three fixtures remaining.

They will host Fairford Town on April 13, while a date for their home fixture with Shrivenham has still to be confirmed.

Last night (Tuesday) Roger Herridge's men played Ascot United at the Racecourse Ground in a hastily-arranged Perpetua Press Floodlit Cups semi-final with the winners facing Ardley in the final.

The Yellamen booked their ticket to final with an excellent 4-2 win at Brackley Town Saints on Tuesday of last week.

They trailed 2-0 early in the second half, but the 60th-minute sending off of home keeper Alastair Worby for handling the ball outside his area changed the game.

United, who had crashed 5-1 at the same venue 10 days earlier, scored four times in the final half-hour through Harry Laflin, Sheridan Campbell, Elliot Carey and Kai Walters.

Their remaining league fixture, away to Flackwell Heath, has been confirmed for Easter Monday, April 22 (3pm).

l WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook enjoyed one of their best Division One East results of the season, winning 2-1 at high-flying AFC Aldermaston thanks to a Jake White penalty in stoppage time

Sumas had to soak up a lot of pressure during the afternoon, but often threatened on the break, mainly through Connor Holland and Ellis Day.

Having survived a first-half penalty miss, they had a good slice of luck with their first goal, as Aldermaston's Martin King's back pass towards keeper Sean Saxty took a bobble and rolled into the net after 76 minutes.

Josh Harris had a shot well saved by Saxty before the Atom Men equalised through Sid Gbla in the first minute of stoppage time.

Shortly afterwards, Wokingham were awarded a penalty and White kept his nerve to slot home the winner.

It was a welcome victory for them as on Tuesday last week they had crashed out of the Reading Senior Cup, losing 4-1 at league rivals Wallingford Town.

Sumas move up to fifth in the standings, level on points with Holyport, who drew 1-1 at Woodley United, with just two home games remaining. The first of them is on April 13 against Thame Rangers, who have moved above Aldermaston into second place behind Burnham.