RECENT signing Idris Kamara scored his first goal for Binfield in their 4-2 win over Tuffley Rovers at Hill Farm Lane.

It was a much-needed win by mid-table Moles following their 1-0 defeat by Abingdon United, who like Tuffley are battling to avoid relegation from the Premier Division.

Defender Charlie Tuttle opened the scoring last Saturday after just seven minutes when his cross-cum-shot found the net on a windy afternoon.

It didn't take the visitors long to equalise through Kieran Alder, but Stephen Peacock restored his side's lead in the 33rd minute, only for Warren Mann to level things up with a penalty two minutes before half-time, the spot-kick having been awarded following a rash challenge from Tuttle.

Eddie Lee and James Knight both went close for Binfield before they moved back in front after 69 minutes thanks to Kamara, and substitute Ian Davies put the issue beyond doubt seven minutes from time.

Josh Howell and Lee both stood out for Binfield and manager Roger Herridge commented: "It was a good performance and we fully deserved all three points."

Moles, who were scheduled to visit Virginia Water last night (Tuesday) are away to Fairford Town this Saturday.

MANAGER Jamie Tompkins described Ascot United's 5-1 defeat by Brackley Town Saints as "embarrassing."

It was by far their heaviest defeat of the season and, to complete a thoroughly miserable afternoon, they had centre-half Chris Ellis sent off.

The Yellamen fell behind in the 20th minute to a goal from Ryan Knight, who followed up with a second after 38 minutes and he completed his hat-trick early in the second half.

It got worse for them as George Ball extended the hosts' lead in the 64th minute with Charlie Kille adding the fifth on 72 minutes.

United's main threat came from Geoff Kibaki, who had a shot well saved and struck the post with a chip past keeper Alastair Worby.

Substitute James Richardson netted a late consolation goal for the visitors, who finished with 10 men after Ellis had been shown a second yellow card.

A disappointed Tompkins said it was "embarrassing for all involved; a performance which is a complete contrast to last week (1-0 cup win over Wantage) and is not acceptable. "

He added: "When you’re not winning, you’re learning and we have been doing a lot of that recently. It’s how we react which is important now."

United are away to Royal Wootton Bassett this coming Saturday, their penultimate league game of the season. They remain fifth in the table, three places above their hosts.

WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook, whose last league game was on February 23 when they defeated Woodley United 3-1, are due to return to Division One East action at AFC Aldermaston on March 30.

They then have home fixtures with Thame Rangers on April 13 and Penn & Tylers Green the following Monday.

Sumas' Reading Senior Cup tie at Wallingford Town, postponed last week, has been re-arranged for next Tuesday, March 26, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

SANDHURST Town let slip a two-goal lead and had to be content with just one Combined Counties League Division One point in a 2-2 draw with Ash United last Saturday.

They got off to a good start with Paul Rake giving them a fifth-minute lead from a chance set up by Luke Cox, who played the ball over the Ash defence.

Luke Turner, with a well-placed strike into the top corner, extended the Fizzers' lead after 19 minutes, but that halved before half-time when the visitors scored direct from a corner.

United's equaliser came with a superb finish and it needed a couple of fine saves from Sandhurst keeper Matt Watson to keep the scores level.

He was rewarded with his side's player-of-the-match award.

This coming Saturday, eighth-placed Sandhurst visit local rivals Eversley & California, who remain third from bottom following their 2-2 draw with Dorking Wanderers Reserves.

After going a goal down in the fifth minute, it took the Boars only three minutes for Brad Brown to level things up on his return to the side.

Two minutes later, the visitors regained the lead and there were chances at both ends before Ali Dickie equalised at the end of the first half.

Sandhurst are home to British Airways next Tuesday (7.45pm).