ASCOT United completed their home Hellenic League Premier Division fixtures with a 1-1 draw against Royal Wootton Bassett on Saturday, leaving them still without a league win in 2019.

The Yellamen worked hard and early pressure saw Callum Carlisle and Dan Price both denied by Garry Aulsberry.

But they were caught out by a long clearance from Aulsberry, missing a chance to clear and being punished by Nick Stanley, who from the edge of the area planted a left-foot volley past debutant keeper Joe Whiter.

Whiter continued to be the busier of the two goalies in the first half, but that changed after the interval as United launched a wave of attacks.

Sheridan Campbell shot over after 58 minutes, but moments later he was on hand to flick on Geoff Kibaki’s cross and substitute Luqman Kassim nipped in to stab the ball over Aulsberry and in off the underside of the bar for the equaliser.

Ascot went searching for the winner, with Lamin Sankoh’s long-range strike being brilliantly tipped away by Aulsberry, man-of-the-match Carlisle went close with two headers, Price came within inches of scoring and Kassim was also denied by Aulsberry on two occasions.

The Yellamen, fourth in the table, do have another home game, and that is against title-chasing Wantage this coming Saturday in the semi-finals of the Bluefin Sports Cup.

Eversley & California ended a run of four successive league defeats with a 3-0 win over Fleet Spurs, one of the three sides below them in the Combined Counties League Division One table.

Denis Nortley gave them a first-half lead under the ESA Sports Ground lights with Ross McKernan and Harrison Shade sealing the midweek win in the second half.

However, the Boars were unable to follow up on Saturday, crashing to a 5-0 reverse away to third-in-the-table Sheerwater, for whom Chris Machay bagged a hat-trick with Danny Taylor adding the other two goals.

After hosting Bagshot last night (Tuesday), they are home to Farnham Town this Saturday and away to fellow strugglers Kensington Borough at Leatherhead next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Sandhurst Town went down 2-0 at home to second-top Frimley Green, both goals coming from Dan Bone in the second half.

The Fizzers remain eighth in the standings ahead of their visit to the side immediately below them, Dorking Wanderers Reserves, on Saturday. They also face Bagshot at Fleet Town next Tuesday.