FINCHAMPSTEAD suffered penalty shoot-out heartache as they crashed out of the Berkshire Trophy Centre Senior Cup following a 5-4 spot-kick defeat at home to Mortimer, writes Richard Ashton.

The two sides played out a goalless 90 minutes despite the sending off of Mortimer's James Swanborough, and after neither side could break the deadlock in extra time, it was the Villagers who held their nerve to move into the last four.

Marlow United reached the final of the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy for the third successive year after battling to a 2-0 home triumph against Newbury.

Chris Hurst's penalty – his ninth successful spot-kick from nine attempts this season – put his side 1-0 up at the interval, and he completed a double with 15 minutes remaining to put Marlow in control.

Newbury were handed a lifeline almost immediately when they were awarded a penalty of their own, but Russell Benham's effort was well saved by Alex Partridge and United held on for victory, inflicting a first defeat of the season on the away side.

Premier Division leaders Cookham Dean overcame the sending off of goalkeeper Nick Bovingdon to edge past basement side Woodley United Royals 1-0, Jordan Brown with the decisive goal which keeps the hosts two points clear at the head of the standings.

Woodcote Stoke Row remain second after a hard-fought 1-0 home victory against Wraysbury Village, Sam Green nodding home the only goal of an ill-tempered game on the half-hour mark.

In Division Two, leaders Mortimer Reserves lost their unbeaten record as they went down 3-2 at home to Wargrave in their top-of-the-table encounter, Craig Haylett's brace not enough for the home side.

Mortimer do, though, remain 10 points clear of Wargrave, albeit the second-placed side have two games in hand.

Goals from Justin Trow and replacement Alex Ray helped Woodcote Stoke Row Reserves to a 2-1 home win against AFC Corinthians, Oluwanisunayomi Disun-Odebode replying for the visitors.

Cameron Netherwood-Meek bagged a brace in Maidenhead Town Reserves' 3-0 victory against Harchester Hawks, while Marlow United Reserves ran out 4-1 victors at Goring United Reserves.

Adam Rawlings grabbed a superb hat-trick for the away side, with Jake Braim also on target. Ben Fuller was the Goring goalscorer.

A wonderful Nathan Manser hat-trick kept Twyford & Ruscombe firmly in the Division Three title race as they leapfrogged Berks County Reserves into second spot following a 7-2 demolition of the hosts.

Jonathan Rabin also netted twice with the other Twyford goals coming from Ben Claridge and Ryan Jansen.

Nicholas Ellis and Gabriel Rodrigues hit the back of the net for Hambleden in their 2-0 triumph against basement boys Pangbourne.

Westwood United Development crushed Phoenix Old Boys Reserves 7-1 in Division Four.