Bracknell Bees netted four goals in the last eight minutes to earn a 5-1 win at Streatham on Sunday.

Until then, there had been little to choose between the two sides, but it the end it was Bees' superior fitness and clinical finishing that earned them the victory.

After a goalless opening period, the deadlock was broken three minutes after the first interval when Bees were caught out on the break and Scott Bailey fired past Danny Milton.

The fact the young netminder was only beaten once on a night when facing up to 37 shots will have gone a long way towards restoring his confidence after an unhappy experience the previous week when he conceded three early goals to Basingstoke and was quickly replaced by the experienced Dean Skinns.

Bees, who outshot their hosts 19-11 in the second period, opened their account just after the half-hour mark when Tyler Vankleef supplied the finishing touch to a chance created by Ed Knaggs and Ryan Watt with their side on power-play at the time.

There were scoring opportunities at both ends and the game could have gone either way as the minutes ticked down into single figures.

But Streatham, who had been involved in an overtime defeat at Basingstoke on Saturday while Bees had the night off, then began to show signs of tiredness and the visitors took full advantage.

At 52:27, Watt put his side ahead with James Galazzi providing the assist and that led to the Berkshire Cycles sponsored side moving into top gear.

A little over four minutes later, Watt turned provider, teeing up Vankleef for his second goal of the match and shortly afterwards Watt and Vankleet combined for Josh Martin to make it 4-1, with the side recording their third power-play goal of the match.

With the south Londoners continuing to run into disciplinary problems, Bees were now in full cry and Brendan Baird added the fifth, assisted by Stuart Mogg and Martin to complete what in the end was a comfortable victory.

Unlike the previous week when they lost 6-2 to the Basingstoke, this was a much more disciplined performance, conceding only four penalty minutes, all coming in the first period.

Following his goal and two assists, Watt was rewarded with his side's player-of-the-match award.

Whilst the scoreline may have been a little flattering, this performance will have put Doug Sheppard's side in good heart for their South Cup semi-final against Peterborough Phantoms this coming weekend, the home leg being at The Hive on Saturday (6pm face-off), followed by the return on Sunday at 5.30pm.

The other semi between Swindon and Basingstoke also takes place this weekend.