He doesn't score many times, so his outstanding goal on Saturday is one to savour for Bracknell Town skipper Dave Hancock.

It earned the Robins a 1-1 draw with Cheshunt, keeping them in second place in the South Central Division table, one point ahead of Marlow

and two better off than Cheshunt.

"I think my last goal was at the backend of the season before last, so it doesn't happen very often," he said.

"It was nice to get on the scoresheet, but it's disappointing we didn't get all three points.

"I felt we dominated the game. We had the better chances and hit the post, but things did not quite fall for us in front of their goal.

"I'm sure in another game we will make up for it."

Town named an unchanged side following their outstanding 4-1 win over Premier Division side Folkestone Invicta in the Velocity Trophy last Tuesday, earning them a semi-final trip to AFC Hornchurch on Tuesday, February 12 (7.45pm ko).

This meant new signing James Cowan kept the No. 11 shirt in place of the Seb Bowerman, who has fractured his left fibula and will be sidelined for two months.

The teenager, on 'work experience' from League 1 club Oxford United, failed to make the same impact as he had on his debut, but that was largely due to the strength of the opposition.

Whilst Folkestone were small and lightweight, Cheshunt were a great deal physically stronger and taller, and as Hancock agreed: "They are

not a bad side."

The Ambers have not lost a league game since late November.

In front of a crowd of more than 250 on a chilly and damp day, both keepers were quickly called into action, with Town's Chris Grace thwarting Jason Hallett and his opposite number, Harry Girling, saving from Liam Ferdinand.

Ash Artwell, looking to follow up his two goals against Folkestone, did manage to get the ball past Girling, only to see it roll past the far post.

As play swung from end to end, Grace got himself into a bit of a mess when looking to kick clear as Cheshunt's Brian Moses closed him down.

Moses hit the deck, prompting appeals for a penalty, but referee Sunny Gill turned them down after looking over to his assistant, Steve Williams, who for a split moment appeared to have started to raise his flag.

Soon afterwards, in the 33rd minute, Town went ahead with a great goal. The move started deep in their own half, with Artwell feeding Hancock in an advanced position and the right-back powered his way through before hitting a low shot across Girling into the far corner.

Early in the second half, the skipper was cautioned for a foul on Guiseppe Re and then on 55 minutes he could only look on the Ambers

equalised with Hallett heading home a right-wing cross from Yvan Jourdan.

Six minutes later Ferdinand got the ball into the net, only to be ruled offside and a spell of good pressure from the Robins saw Joe Gater head Joel Jacobs' cross against the post and Grant having a shot beaten out by Girling.

On chances created, it was a game that Bracknell could have won, but Moses wasted a late opportunity for the visitors and it was hard to argue that Cheshunt did not deserve a point at the end of an entertaining game.

Jamie McClurg, with his usual extremely competitive display in midfield, was Robins' man of the match.

Bracknell are away to Bedfont Sports at Bedfont Recreation Ground this coming Saturday with Hancock commenting: "Their 3G pitch will suit us and we will be looking for all three points that will keep us second in the table.

"Other teams around us are winning and Hayes & Yeading look as if they are running away with it a bit at the minute, so we've got to try to

keep as much pressure on them as we can.

"But then there are teams chasing us from behind, so it is building up to be a good last few months of the season."