JOE Grant picked himself off the floor to grab a last-gasp goal for Bracknell Town to earn them a dramatic 4-3 win over South Park on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

The Robins, with forward Sean Moore replacing the injured Mark Scott in goal for 80 minutes, had squandered a 3-1 lead as the visitors scored twice in the space of five minutes.

A draw looked the most likely outcome when the board showed three minutes of stoppage time and more than two minutes had elapsed when Grant was brought down just inside the South Park half.

But with the winger needing treatment, referee Sean Jenkins added on a further minute – and that was time, though only just, for Grant to fire home a superb winner.

There was hardly time for the stunned visitors to restart the game when the final whistle blew.

There had also been a pretty eventful start to this Bostik League South Central Division game with both sides scoring and Town losing their keeper all inside the opening 10 minutes.

Liam Ferdinand gave the hosts a lead with just 80 seconds gone from a chance set up by Grant, only for South Park to equalise five minutes later through Andy Herring.

Soon afterwards, Scott was forced off with a calf injury and it was Moore, sitting on the subs bench, who offered to don the jersey and it did not take long for him to show the crowd of 261 that he was no mug between the posts, dealing confidently with everything that came his way.

"I had played in goal for Woodley Town Kestrels which was about six or seven years ago," said 23-year-old Moore. "So when Liam (physio Day) asked me if I wanted to go in goal, I said I could do the job. I thought I did okay."

Robins regained the lead after 33 minutes when Grant headed home Seb Bowerman's cross and Ferdinand increased their advantage 10 minutes into the second half, pouncing on a weak back pass by South Park defender Liam Harwood to fire past keeper Michael Escott for his 18th goal of the season, the highest in the South Central Division.

Bracknell – who were missing several players including Adam Cornell due to a business trip to America and the suspended Kensley Maloney – looked to be cruising, although they were not quite at their best.

But then they threw away their advantage, conceding two goals in quick succession to the side lying second-from-bottom of the table.

Moore made his only error when picking up Jamie McClurg's back pass to concede an indirect free-kick just inside the area. The Bracknell wall managed to block the free-kick, but it fell to South Park substitute Matt Mules who fired home in the 79th minute.

Moore may have got to his shot had not it brushed defender Joe Gater's head on the way through, which gave the ball a little more height.

Five minutes later Moore made a fine save with his legs, but Town were unable to clear the ball and it fell to another replacement, Ryan Catmull.

His shot was pushed onto the post by Moore, but the ball spun across goal into the far corner.

Bracknell looked shocked as it was a game they appeared to have had in the bag.

But they kept plugging away and were rewarded by Grant's winner, his 14th goal of the campaign.

As late shows go, this could have hardly been any later.

Now unbeaten in 11 home games, Town remain second in the table, five points behind leaders Hayes & Yeading.

This coming Saturday they are home to the third club, Cheshunt, who boast six wins and a draw from their 10 away fixtures.

Bracknell have signed teenage midfielder Jamie Cowan on 'work experience' forms from Oxford United, having previously played for Scottish club Dundee. He was an unused sub against South Park.