BRACKNELL Town skipper Dave Hancock marked his return from injury by leading his side to a 3-0 win at Chipstead on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

All the goals came in the second half, during which midfielder Kensley Maloney was sent off following a hefty challenge.

"It wasn't easy to leave out Jonny Hathaway as he has been playing really well, but we felt we needed that bit of extra experience that Dave gives us," said manager Geoff Warner. "Jonny will certainly get another chance."

Midfielder Jamie McClurg was also back in the starting line-up as Ashleigh Artwell was pushed forward to take over from Seb Bowerman, who was not risked due to injury.

The Robins made a good start at The NRT Stadium with two early chances falling to Liam Ferdinand.

The first, set up by Adam Cornell, flew over the top and then, racing onto Joe Gater's high through ball, the team's leading scorer saw his lob over the onrushing keeper come back off the crossbar.

Then McClurg, on the edge of the area, struck a low shot which was deflected just wide

The Surrey side rarely threatened in attack, but had a great chance to take the lead shortly before half-time when Gater gave away a penalty by fouling Sam Clayton, who picked himself up to take the spot-kick, which he fired wide of the left-hand post with keeper Mark Scott also appearing to have it covered.

There was more misery for Chipstead when a defender under-hit a back pass and Cornell nipped in to put the Robins into the lead seven minutes into the second half.

Soon afterwards, Maloney went close to doubling the lead, but keeper Sam Mason got down well to make a fine save.

But Mason was given no chance in the 57th minute when Artwell, taking possession on the edge of the area, created space for himself before firing low into the net.

Town were reduced to 10 men in the 85th minute with Maloney being shown a straight red card for a challenge on Matt Warren. He won the ball, but his follow up caught the Chipstead man.

"It looked more of a yellow card than red, but their fellow's reaction certainly didn't help as he was rolling around and their bench were jumping up and down," commented Warner.

Despite being a man short, Town continued to attack and created a number of chances before substitute Joe Grant, who had replaced Cornell on 73 minutes, raced away to add the third goal in time added on, taking the Robins back to second place in the South Central Division of the Bostik League.

Assistant manager Michael Butcher said: "It was a great team performance and it was good to keep a clean sheet, it's been a while since we had one."

Bracknell were following up their 3-1 home win over Westfield on New Year's Day which took their unbeaten home league record into double figures.

The visitors took an 11th-minute lead through Dylan Cascoe, but Town equalised when two Westfield defenders combined to concede an own goal five minutes into the second half.

In front of a crowd of just under 300, Ferdinand twice went close before firing his side ahead with a fierce rising shot into the top right-hand corner in the 57th minute.

And Ferdinand also netted the third goal after 20 minutes remaining, finishing off a slick move involving Artwell and Bowerman. He has now netted 16 for the season, the joint highest in the division.

Bracknell host struggling South Park at Larges Lane this Saturday and will be home again next Tuesday (7.45pm) when the visitors are Premier Division side Folkestone Invicta in the quarter-finals of the Velocity Trophy.