WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook had to survive a late rally and being reduced to 10 men before beating Abingdon Town 3-2 in Division One East of the Hellenic League on Saturday.

Sumas also had to make an early change with Jake White limping off injured and replaced by James Clark.

The substitute went close to scoring, shooting just wide after beating the offside trap, while Elliott Rushforth was also out of luck, seeing two efforts blocked in the Abingdon area.

Ellis Day was also unlucky not to have earned a penalty when he went down under a challenge.

But they were given a spot-kick for a foul on Clark and he made no mistake to put Sumas ahead.

Ellis Day doubled the lead with a powerful drive from 20 yards and Rushforth added a third with a curling shot around the keeper.

Abingdon, however, refused to give up and pulled two goals back, the second from a penalty, before keeper Owen Holland was sent off following his second yellow-card offence.

Manager Dan Bateman pulled on the keeper's jersey and helped to deny the visitors an equaliser.

"I was well protected by our defence and touched the ball about four times," he said.

Sumas who had drawn 3-3 with AFC Aldermaston in their Subsidiary Cup group game last Tuesday, move up to fifth in the table.

This Saturday they are away to Thames Valley Premier League side Burghfield in the Reading Senior Cup (1.30pm) and next Tuesday (7.45pm) they visit Wantage Town in the third round of the Bluefin Sports Cup.

Eversley & California manager Ellis Woods was full of praise for his team after their 2-1 win over Epsom & Ewell in the Combined Counties League, describing it as a "quality performance against a strong side."

Brad Brown put them ahead after 11 minutes by side-footing home a cross from Clive Akem-Che, only for the visitors to equalise through Adam Heagney just before the half-hour mark.

Akem-Che was also involved in the 54th-minute winner. He set up Mo Davies, whose effort struck the bar and rebounded to Brown, who made no mistake.

The 12th-placed Boars travel to Leatherhead this Saturday to play Kensington Borough.

A 28th-minute goal from Haydon Richardson was sufficient to earn Sandhurst Town victory over Bagshot at Bottom Meadow.

They had to withstand second-half pressure from Bagshot, but held on well for a deserved three points with hard-working Ashley Ledger securing the man-of-the-match award.

Next up for the eighth-in-the-table Fizzers is a short trip to ninth-placed Ash United this Saturday.