READING FC Women ended Chelsea's 100 per cent record in Women's Superb League 1 with a hard-fought 2-2 draw at Wycombe's Adams Park yesterday.

It was an outstanding result for Kelly Chambers' Royals who grabbed a deserved point thanks Magdalena Eriksson’s last-minute own goal.

As a result, Royals became the first side to score and take points off big-spending Blues this season as they extended their own unbeaten run in all competitions to six matches.

Remi Allen’s goal in the 35th minute gave the hosts a shock lead.

But Karen Carney’s free-kick on 56 minutes brought Chelsea level.

Substitute Eniola Aluko’s emphatic finish in the 75th minute seemingly had the game won for Chelsea.

But Eriksson unluckily headed the ball into her own net two minutes into time added on as Royals snatched a draw.

Reading boss Chambers beamed: “We could have won that game, Chelsea had opportunities as well and normally they put them away, so maybe we got a bit of luck earlier.

“But when we were 2-1 down we created chances and should have had more goals.

“We beat Arsenal last week so we know what we’re capable of, and have now taken points off Chelsea.

“We want to be competing with the top teams so we can end up higher in the league table - the girls have been magnificent.

“Remi could have had a hat-trick and it’s nice to see the goals are being scored across the board. We’re not relying on one or two people which is a position we want to be in going forward.

“We showed we have strength in depth in our squad after losing Jade Moore to injury against a very good Chelsea side.”

Emma Hayes’ Chelsea started with purpose and Drew Spence forced a good save from Mary Earps on four minutes after a defensive mix up.

Earps was called into action again moments later, denying ex-Royals striker Fran Kirby after the forward was put clean through by Gemma Davison.

Reading grew into the game and took the lead when Allen struck from six yards after the ball pinballed around the box – the first WSL 1 goal Chelsea have conceded this season.

The league-leaders levelled ten minutes after the restart when Carney’s well-placed free-kick on the edge of the box went beyond the reach of Earps.

Fara Williams nearly regained Reading’s lead immediately after, but her free-kick smashed off the upright.

On 73 minutes, Brooke Chaplen volleyed wide from eight yards out, much to the home fans’ despair.

And Chelsea made them pay moments later when Aluko smashed the ball into the corner of the net after a good run from Kirby.

But Reading got their equaliser in injury-time when Jo Potter’s lofted free-kick went past Hedvig Lindahl via Eriksson’s head to produce the dramatic conclusion.

Chelsea forward Karen Carney was full of praise for the Royals, saying: “I think it was a great game for the neutral - a great game to watch.

“It was end-to-end and more like a basketball game at times on such a big pitch.

“We showed good character during the second half against a very good Reading team who are well organised.

“They were exceptionally good tactically - other teams will struggle to take points off them all season."

Reading FC Women are back in action this Wednesday night when they host London Bees at Madejski Stadium (7.30pm ko).

Reading (4-4-2): Earps, Rowe, Pearce (Van den Berg 88), Potter, Scott (Jane 80), Bartrip, Furness, Allen, Williams (Linnett 78), Chaplen, Bruton. Subs not used: Green, Moloney. Booked: Chaplen 41.

Chelsea (3-5-2): Lindahl, Bright, Flaherty, Eriksson, Thorisdottir (Dunn 45), Mjelde, Chapman, Davison (Blundell 76), Carney, Kirby, Spence (Aluko 65). Subs not used: Spencer, So Yun, Cuthbert, Bachmann.

Referee: Rebecca Welch.

Attendance: 1,012.