BRACKNELL Town secured their first Hellenic Division One East win for six weeks with a comfortable 3-0 home victory over AFC Hinksey at Larges Lane.

A combinations of postponed matches, cup ties, a defeat to Penn & Tylers Green plus a draw with Woodley Town had extended Robins' winless streak.

But they were in top form last Saturday as goals from Shane Cooper-Clark, Josh Delander and Tom Barratt delivered a sixth league win in nine games.

It was the first time they had picked up all three points since a 3-1 home win over Milton United on October 20.

The result also fired Robins up to fifth in the table leaving them three points behind AFC Hinksey with five games in hand and 13 points adrift of leaders Rayners Lane, with six games in hand.

Whether promotion-chasing Robins can hold their nerve and win their catch-up games remains to be seen. But victories like the one over a strong AFC Hinksey can only enhance their credentials.

Robins also displayed a ruthless streak, capitalising on defensive errors and a moment of madness to secure the points.

It took four minutes for Cooper-Clark to break the deadlock. Delander's initial shot was saved by Martyn Clark but a weak clearance after that fell to the Bracknell forward who buried the ball into the top corner from 18 yards.

But Hinksey boasted plenty of power and pace and Robins keeper Chris Adams made a fine save to deny Anaclet Odhiambo.

However, the visitors shot themselves in the foot again on the half-hour mark when Sam Barratt intercepted a pass by Hinksey skipper Triston Lawrence and slipped in Delander who made no mistake for his first goal in Bracknell colours.

A brilliant one-handed save from Adams to deny Adam Doyle preserved Robins' two-goal lead then Hinksey's task got even harder when Keiran Davis was shown a straight red card for a needless two-footed stamp on Eddie Gray, sparking a melee on the pitch.

Once order was restored, Robins cashed in on their numerical advantage with Liam Alleyne, Cooper-Clark and Delander all going close.

Hinksey remained a threat and Adams denied Jelroy Constant before Alleyne cleared a Odhiambo effort off the line.

Sadly, not everything went Robins' way after substitute and ex-Reading FC striker Scott Williams was stretchered off just two minutes after coming on.

But the hosts still managed a third in the 90th minute when Tom Barratt fired home to seal a priceless win in the only match of the day in the division.

Robins return to Larges Lane this Saturday when they host Chalfont Wasps in the league (3pm).

Then on Tuesday they turn their attentions to the Hellenic Supplementary Cup and a second round home tie against Headington Amateurs (7.30pm ko).

Bracknell Town: Adams, Alleyne, Clarke (Elliott-Money 68), James, Oliphant, Brown, T.Barratt, Gray, Cooper-Clark, Delander, S.Barratt (Scott Williams 75 (White 77)).