ANOTHER man has been arrested in connection with the fatal attack in a Bracknell underpass this week.

Agapito de Sousa, from Bracknell, was rushed to hospital after being found with a serious head injury in the underpass at Twin Bridges Roundabout.

It happened on Sunday, April 25, about 3.30am.

ALSO READ: Underpass sealed off by police after man is found with a 'serious' head injury

The 34-year-old was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital but sadly died days later on Tuesday,  April 27.

Following the victim's death, Thames Valley Police launched a murder investigation and three men, from Bracknell, were originally arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and murder.

They have now been released with no further action to be taken.

Today (April 29), a further suspect was arrested - a 39-year-old man from Bracknell - on suspicion of manslaughter and theft.

A Home Office post-mortem was conducted yesterday (28/4) and the results are pending further medical opinion.

Mr de Sousa’s next of kin continue to be supported by specially trained officers.

Bracknell News:

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Bosley, of the Major Crime Unit, said: “Our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Mr de Sousa at this extremely difficult time.

“As a result of our investigations so far, we have made a further arrest today and have released three other men without charge.

“We continue to conduct a thorough investigation in order to establish the full circumstances that led to Mr de Sousa’s death, and we do not believe there is any wider threat to the local community."

The senior officer urged the public 'not to speculate' in regards to the circumstances surrounding the fatal attack.

He added: “We believe Mr de Sousa left a property at around 3am on Sunday riding a white electric scooter with black handles.

“I would again appeal to anybody who believes that they saw Mr de Sousa in the early hours of Sunday, or has any information that can help, to please come forward."

Anyone with information can contact police on 101 ref 43210174782

ALSO READ: Victim of fatal underpass attack named locally as tributes paid to 'lovely guy'

Cordons that were in place at the Twin Bridges Roundabout underpass and in Binfield Road have now been lifted, but police said there will be a continued police presence in the area while the investigation continues.

The officer added: “I would like to thank the community for their patience and understanding while we have been conducting this investigation.

"It is understandably concerning for incidents such as this to happen, but the information and help we have received so far has been helpful, and I can reassure the community that we are determined to ascertain the full circumstances that led to Mr de Sousa’s death.”