RESIDENTS woke up to discover their car was ablaze on the driveway.

Firefighters rushed to the scene in Prince Andrew Way, Ascot, shortly before 9am on Saturday.

It is suspected that the blue Audi A3 had an electrical fault which caused it to set alight.

Crew manager Devereux, from Bracknell Fire Station, said: “We were called to a car fire in Ascot.

“It was a blue Audi A3. We’re not quite sure how the fire started but it could have been an electrical fault.

“The residents woke up in the morning and realised it was on fire.”

Firefighters doused the flames with water and were on the scene for around 45 minutes.