Charters athletes impress at Berkshire finals
Published 20 Jul 2012 07:30 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Charters School's Oliver Hayden-Stapf competing in the javelin.
- Cricket round-up: Eversley stun Wokingham while Finchampstead down Datchet
- Cricket round-up: Wokingham draw but Finchampstead get off to a flyer
- Cleaning company manager handed keys to prized property after winning our entrepreneur competition
- Woman 'lucky' to walk away from M4 smash
- Dragon boat racing coming to Dorney Lake
ATHLETES from across the county braved the wet weather and put in some outstanding performances at the annual inter-schools Knight Frank Athletics Finals at the Thames Valley Athletics Centre last Friday.
During the last few months local borough schools have been taking part in a number of gruelling qualifying heats, which culminated in the top schools from each age group competing in the finals day.
Despite the wet conditions, there was a great atmosphere at the event with all participating schools showing superb team camaraderie with many closely-fought battles taking place between the athletes in the four competitions.
* FOR FULL REPORT AND PICTURES PICK UP THIS WEEK'S NEWS.
This article appeared in Bracknell News 19 Jul 12