Robins receive timely boost in title race
Published 18 Oct 2012 17:30 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Bracknell Town joint-manager Danny Oliphant.
- Fixture pile-up threatens Bracknell's promotion bid
- Football round-up: Bracknell Town triumph while Finch and Wokingham draw
- Aulsberry the hero in dramatic Wokingham & Emmbrook cup win
- Wokingham & Emmbrook manager praises input of assistant Bateman
- Football round-up: Binfield and Wokingham & Emmbrook suffer league losses
BRACKNELL Town are hoping to cash in after the Hellenic Division One East title race took a dramatic twist.
Leaders Rayners Lane suffered their first league defeat of the season last weekend when they were thrashed 4-0 by second-placed Headington Amateurs.
And though Robins remain in a mid-table spot, they would go top of the table if they won their games in hand, albeit six of them.
While that may seem a tall order, Bracknell joint player-boss Danny Oliphant, below, remains quietly confident.
"We haven't played Headington yet but it looks like teams at the top are nicking points off each other. It's very close between us all, Oliphant told the News.
* SEE THIS WEEK'S NEWS FOR FULL INTERVIEW AND MORE ROBINS NEWS.