Jon Laugharne and Graham Pickersgill’s men forced an early corner but Freddy Barron’s header was saved.

Finch remained on the front foot and Magpies goalkeeper Luke Ridgewell was forced to make a couple of saves before Chris Dean broke the deadlock for the hosts.

Sam Price then headed wide for Finch but they struck for a second time as Ridgewell failed to bring the ball under control and Greg Alexander nipped in quickly to make it 2-0 in the 20th minute.

The visitors’ physical approach then began to take over in midfield, and they got back into the contest when Xavier Etienne latched on to a long ball and confidently beat Neil Griffith in the Finchampstead goal.

And the same player levelled matters just three minutes later when he lashed home from long-range.

Things got even worse for Finch on the stroke of half time as they conceded a free kick near the right angle of the penalty area.

Looking like Etienne was going to take it for a hat-trick attempt, he walked away from the ball and Dean Knight took the kick, sending the ball into the bottom far corner.

Finchampstead started the second period in determined fashion and began to re-establish themselves in the game, forcing Ridgewell into a pair of fine saves.

However Finch grabbed an equaliser in the 59th minute when Dean set up Sam Green, who made no mistake.

And just five minutes later the hosts were in front as Barron hit the target.

Finch controlled possession in the final 25 minutes, and succeeded in limiting Maidenhead to the occasional attack.

And they finally put the tie to bed when Ryan Tye scored in stoppage time to seal the comeback and put Finchampstead into the third round.

Meanwhile, Everseley & California slumped to a disappointing 1-0 defeat at 10-man Ash United in Division One of the Combine Counties League on Saturday.

The Boars arrived on the back of some reasonable form, having won their previous league game against Chessington & Hook comfortably before taking Tuffley Rovers to penalties in the FA Vase the week before.

And although Ash United had won three of the four previous games, the momentum was firmly in Eversley’s hands when the hosts had Matt Hayler sent off after just 25 minutes.

However the red card seemed to galvanise Ash, and they took the lead immediately after the break with the goal coming from Tom O’Reilly in the 46th minute.

However Ash held on to seal the win which leaves Eversley & California in 12th place.

They will look to return to winning ways when they host Epsom Athletic in the RPM Records Division One Challenge Cup on Saturday (3pm ko), before they try to make amends against Ash United in the Cherry Red Records Premier Challenge Cup on Tuesday (7.30pm ko).

An excellent team performance helped Wokingham & Emmbrook progress to the third round of the Berks and Bucks Intermediate Cup following a 5-1 victory at home against Ascot United Development.

The Sumas started well and took the lead early in the first half when Elliot Rushforth’s through ball was well controlled by Luke Scope who rounded the keeper and finished from a tight angle.

The visitors responded well and but for two great saves from Wokingham goalkeeper Ben Hitchins, would of pulled level.

On the stroke of half time a great run from Chris Newlove resulted in a close range finish for Rushforth to give the home side some breathing space.

The second half started with the visitors having plenty of the ball before they finally pulled one back with a good finish from the edge of the box.

However this goal sparked the Sumas into life and they began to create a series of clear cut chances which went begging before finally putting the game to bed when debutant Dan Carter finished well with his first touch having come off the bench only seconds earlier.

Ascot were somewhat deflated and further goals from Darren Thorne and James Charlton added some gloss to the scoreline.

The scoreline was somewhat harsh on a young Ascot side who played some decent football but lacked a killer edge.

However Wokingham & Emmbrook deserved the win and advance to the next round.

The Sumas do not have a game this weekend.

Chris Powell's Sandhurst Town>/b> slumped to a heavy Combined Counties League Division One loss as they were thrashed 4-1 at home to leaders AFC Croydon Athletic on Saturday.

Sandhurst - who remain second bottom in the table - conceded twice in the opening 20 minutes but hit back through Dan Hulme to reduce the deficit before the break.

However the visitors netted twice more to seal the rout.

Sandhurst won their RPM Records Division One Challenge Cup clash with Ash United 3-2 last Tuesday courtesy of strikes from Billy Bryce, James Ayres and an own goal.

The Fizzers will hope to pick up three points when they host the same opponents in the league on Saturday (3pm ko).