The Robins had seemingly shaken off their Larges Lane blues after two wins at home following a stuttering start, but they were well beaten on Saturday by a talented and experienced Kidlington side.

It was an even start to proceedings at Larges Lane but the visitors gradually began to assert their dominance on the game.

James Hawtree had to be on guard to make two good saves in quick succession as Ben Willoughby and Charles Cassettari tested the keeper with two good efforts as Kidlington started to find their feet.

And their intent was finally rewarded in the 35th minute when Lewis Coyle fired home two goals in two minutes to put Kidlington in control.

He received the ball 25 yards from goal and took advantage of not being closed down to put the visitors ahead.

Just sixty seconds later and the lead was doubled as he stabbed home a rebound after Hawtree had pushed away Tommy Castle’s shot.

Shane Cooper-Clark went close to reducing the deficit in the 42nd minute but his effort from Martin Bradshaw’s shot went wide and Bracknell ended the half 2-0 down after a lacklustre display.

It was again an even start to the half but it was the visitors who went closest to scoring when Cassettari fired wide.

Bracknell were given a lifeline when Willoughby saw red for throwing a punch in a melee after Tom Nugent had been fouled.

With just under half hour left, the Robins tried to make the most of their man advantage but struggled against a Kidlington side that sat deep and protected their lead.

Cooper-Clark shot wide from eighteen yards before Jake White headed over Jordan Rowland’s deep free-kick with the goal gaping.

Bracknell did finally break through in the third minute of added time when Nugent climbed highest to head home Rowland’s free-kick but the referee blew his whistle immediately after the restart to condemn Ed Carpenter’s men to defeat.

The Robins worked hard and would’ve fancied their chances of grabbing a point if they’d score ten minutes earlier but they couldn’t breach the Kidlington rearguard soon enough to give themselves adequate time to try and secure a point.

Carpenter's men then fell to defeat against Oxford City Nomads on Wednesday.

The Robins were severely depleted with Sam Whiting, Tom Barratt, Jamie Lawlor, Dan Money, Harry Brown, Tom Williams, Andre Kelly, Grant Goodband and Martin Bradshaw all missing for a variety of reasons.

The ever reliable Shane Cooper-Clark did hit the net twice for Bracknell but it was in vein as they fell to a 4-2 defeat.

Robins host Headington Amateurs in the Bluefin Sport Challenge Cup at Larges Lane this Saturday (3pm).