Mixed emotions for Wokingham boss ahead of Binfield clash
Published 20 Dec 2012 09:00 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Wokingham manager Roger Herridge.
- Football round-up: Bracknell Town triumph while Finch and Wokingham draw
- Just avoiding relegation a success for Sumas - Herridge
- Wokingham manager wants to build on Wantage win
- Aulsberry the hero in dramatic Wokingham & Emmbrook cup win
- Wokingham & Emmbrook manager praises input of assistant Bateman
WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook manager Roger Herridge has thrown his support behind Binfield's promotion push - but insists he will not be doing them any favours when the teams meet on Boxing Day.
Of the three local clubs in the Hellenic Premier Division, the Moles have been the only one to apply for promotion to Southern Division One in recent years.
They have again put their name into the hat this season along with five other teams in the division, including Marlow, Wantage and Slimbridge.
There is no doubt that of the six, Herridge would most like to see Binfield win promotion, but that does not mean he will be helping their title bid at Hill Farm Lane next Wednesday.
"I really expect Binfield to be in the top three come the end of the season. The area desperately needs a step four team so I hope they do manage to go up," he told the News.
"It would be great if they did it, but saying that I will certainly be looking to get a result there on Wednesday.
* PICK UP THIS WEEK'S NEWS FOR MORE WOKINGHAM & EMMBROOK NEWS AND AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH BINFIELD STRIKER CARL DAVIES.