Wokingham & Emmbrook boss delighted with young duo
Published 16 Nov 2012 07:30 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Wokingham manager Roger Herridge.
- Wokingham boss Herridge revels in 'best win of the season'
- Football round-up: Wins for Wokingham and Binfield
- Football round-up: Bracknell Town triumph while Finch and Wokingham draw
- Aulsberry the hero in dramatic Wokingham & Emmbrook cup win
- Wokingham & Emmbrook manager praises input of assistant Bateman
WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook youngsters Khalid Senussi and George Dance have been singled out for praise by manager Roger Herridge.
Dance, who recently turned 17, was snapped up by Sumas in the summer after he was released from the Reading FC Academy.
Although the intention was for him to play in the Allied Counties team, Herridge had no hesitation thrusting him into first-team action recently.
Likewise, Senussi has been handed more minutes than perhaps even he would have expected at the start of the season, due to a raft of injuries and
But rather than being overwhelmed by the step up, both have seized the opportunity to impress Herridge and give him a potential selection headache.
"Khalid Senussi is really taking his chance, he is getting stronger and stronger each game and has very quick feet and a lot of pace," Herridge told the News.
A depleted Wokingham were beaten 3-1 in the Floodlit Cup by Ardley United on Tuesday evening, with Dean Thomas scoring Sumas' only goal.
* SEE THIS WEEK'S NEWS FOR FULL INTERVIEW AND MORE WOKINGHAM & EMMBROOK NEWS.