TEN-MAN Binfield scored three goals in the last 10 minutes to beat Burnham 4-1 at The Gore on Saturday, writes Dave Wright.

Harry Lee’s first-half opener was cancelled out by the hosts before Josh Howell was shown a straight red card following a challenge on Nathan Balanta.

But the Moles had no intention of hanging on for a point and a devastating late spell of pressure produced two goals for the debut-making Alex Colverd with substitute Carlo Santoro netting just before the final whistle.

“It was a good performance in the end,” said manager Roger Herridge.

“We could easily have won by more as we created a lot of chances. We are not taking enough at the moment.”

He had been forced to make a late change when Jack Thompson-Wheeler tweaked his groin and was replaced in defence by George Lock.

Moles nearly got off to a bad start when an error let in Burnham, but keeper Matt Hill came to their rescue.

The visitors went on to carve out the better scoring opportunities, but managed to take just one of them, courtesy of Lee after 38 minutes.

Burnham’s hopes of recording their first win of the season, improved slightly when Gavin Austin brought the scores level from a breakaway.

However, Binfield continued to create the better chances before being reduced to 10 men on 75 minutes.

“We were all surprised to see red, for me it was a yellow card,” said Herridge.

“Josh miscontrolled the ball, stretched and caught him (Balanta). Probably the lad’s reaction led to him being sent off.”

But this set-back only inspired the Moles and they produced a sensational finish.

They regained the lead in the 82nd minute through new signing Colverd and three minutes later the former Maidenhead United youth star scored again to make it 3-1.

Another youngster, Santoro, completed the scoring in the 89th minute, having been on the pitch for only seven minutes.

This Saturday, the Moles travel to promoted Fairford (3pm ko), who are still without a win this season.

“I am a bit surprised they are struggling, as they haven’t a bad side,” said Herridge.

“We will go down there on the back of a couple of wins, but it won’t be an easy game as they will be keen to get some points.”

Next Tuesday, Binfield visit Flackwell Heath in the first round of the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup. (7.45pm ko).