Fixture pile-up threatens Bracknell's promotion bid
Published 25 Jan 2013 08:30 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Bracknell joint-boss Steve Nebbett.
- Just avoiding relegation a success for Sumas - Herridge
- Football round-up: Jones snatches thrilling point for Satsumas
- Wokingham & Emmbrook boss issues commitment warning
- Football round-up: Bracknell Town triumph while Finch and Wokingham draw
- Aulsberry the hero in dramatic Wokingham & Emmbrook cup win
PROMOTION-chasing Bracknell Town are bracing themselves for a frantic end to the season as they play catch-up in Hellenic Division One East.
A combination of postponed matches due to the weather and a Berks & Bucks Cup run has left Robins up to nine matches behind leaders Rayners Lane, with a 23-point deficit to make up.
But a revised fixture list for the remainder of the season has now been released, leaving Bracknell with 17 more league games to play between now and the end of the league campaign.
That is certain to stretch Robins' resources to the very limit, but it is a challenge joint player-boss Steve Nebbett is ready to meet head-on.
Speaking exclusively to the News he said: "We've got to go up this season, it's so imperative to where we want to go as a club.
* FOR FULL INTERVIEW AND ALL THE LATEST ROBINS NEWS PICK UP A COPY OF THE NEWS THIS WEEK.
This article appeared in Bracknell News 24 Jan 13