Bracknell back Cooper-Clark to deliver
Published 13 Dec 2012 13:30 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Bracknell striker Shane Cooper-Clark.
- Football round-up: Bracknell Town triumph while Finch and Wokingham draw
- Aulsberry the hero in dramatic Wokingham & Emmbrook cup win
- Wokingham & Emmbrook manager praises input of assistant Bateman
- Football round-up: Binfield and Wokingham & Emmbrook suffer league losses
- Just avoiding relegation a success for Sumas - Herridge
BRACKNELL Town are backing Shane Cooper-Clark to provide the promotion-winning goals after Scott Williams was ruled out for the season.
Former Reading FC forward Williams suffered a serious knee injury 32 seconds after coming on in a 3-0 win over AFC Hinksey on December 1. He is due to see a specialist and Robins fear losing him for the remainder of the Hellenic Division One East campaign.
But the club say they will not be pushed into a panic signing and are confident Cooper-Clark can carry the extra burden.
Robins joint player-manager Danny Oliphant declared: "Shane has all the ability in the world. He is getting into great positions and he is starting to use that ability.
"We're definitely getting the best out of him, he's improving every game. It's not only his goals that are important, his hold-up play is excellent and he's learning all the time.
* PICK UP THIS WEEK'S NEWS FOR FULL INTERVIEW AND MORE ROBINS NEWS.