Five-star Bracknell send out message to rivals
Published 27 Sep 2012 07:40 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Bracknell Town joint-manager Danny Oliphant.
- Football round-up: Bracknell Town triumph while Finch and Wokingham draw
- Aulsberry the hero in dramatic Wokingham & Emmbrook cup win
- Wokingham & Emmbrook manager praises input of assistant Bateman
- Football round-up: Binfield and Wokingham & Emmbrook suffer league losses
- Just avoiding relegation a success for Sumas - Herridge
BRACKNELL Town chief Danny Oliphant believes their five-goal thrashing of AFC Hinksey sends out a strong message to their main promotion rivals.
AFC Hinksey were tipped to be one of the strongest clubs in Hellenic Division One East this season.
"We were better than them all over the pitch," Oliphant told the News.
"They had some good, individual players and some pace in their side. They were a big, physical team but we coped well with it, we out-battled them and our class shone through.
"What it does is give us that confidence to know that we can compete, and even beat, these fancied teams."
* SEE THURSDAY'S NEWS FOR FULL INTERVIEW AND MORE BRACKNELL TOWN NEWS.
This article appeared in Bracknell News 26 Sep 12