JUST 12 minutes into Bracknell’s final pre-season friendly on Saturday, their fans were asking ‘is this Uxbridge’s first team or their reserves?’, writes Dave Wright.

The score was 3-0 at the time and six minutes later it was 6-0. The same question was asked again.

Yes, the visitors had brought their Southern League squad to Larges Lane – though it was hard to believe they play at a higher level than the Robins.

Six goals came in the opening 18 minutes and Bracknell ended the first half 8-0 ahead.

With both sides making sweeping changes, the second half fell flat compared to the first 45 minutes with Robins adding just two two goals to take the final score to an unbelievable 10-0.

What a way to finish off a busy pre-season!

But they gave valuable pitch-time to some of their youngsters who will have benefitted from the experience.

Having beaten another Southern League outfit, Chalfont St Peter 4-2 last Tuesday, Mark Tallentire’s men go into the first week of the new campaign brimming with confidence and their attack looking razor sharp.

Hellenic League rivals must surely be shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing them and I can see opponents parking a few buses in front of their goal when they visit Larges Lane.

Town always looked a potent force last season when TJ Bohane and Adam Cornwell netted more than 80 goals between them, helping the club finish runners-up in the Hellenic League and winning three cups.

Bohane has now moved on to Swindon Supermarine and there must have been fears Town would not be as lethal up front. But any doubts were surely dispelled with this annihilation of Uxbridge.

Liam Ferdinand, the man signed to replace Bohane, didn’t even play. The former Binfield hot-shot carried over a suspension from last season and he missed the opening league game against Ascot United last night (Tuesday), With Tallentire wanting to see what other options he had, Joe Grant was moved into the centre and he revelled in his new – albeit probably temporary – role to score four goals, including the eighth, ninth and 10th.

Cornell, who had scored twice in three minutes against Chalfont, notched a first-half hat-trick, as did Seb Bowerman.

Uxbridge tried to respond to the onslaught by operating a fairly successful offside trap in the second half, whilst also putting in a few hefty challenges that led to free-kicks.

But they left Larges Lane red faced after being given a real roasting by the rocking Robins.