Lorry stuck between two bollards in Wokingham
Published 8 Mar 2013 17:30 0 Comments
- Cricket round-up: Eversley stun Wokingham while Finchampstead down Datchet
- Cricket round-up: Wokingham draw but Finchampstead get off to a flyer
- Bracknell Town seek a new direction after promotion setback
- Wokingham & Emmbrook's Herridge to join Binfield as assistant manager next season
- Herridge suffers defeat in last league game with Wokingham & Emmbrook
A LORRY driver wedged his vehicle down a narrow Wokingham road today (Friday).
The Polish articulated lorry got stuck between two bollards along Murdoch Road around 11.20am, bursting its fuel tank and spilling oil across the road.
A similar incident happened in the same road three-and-a-half years ago.
Police and firefighters rushed to the scene and closed both Murdoch Road and Langborough Road while a team from the Wokingham Borough Council highways agency worked for two hours to clear up the mess.
Crews from Bracknell and Wokingham fire stations emptied the tank completely so the vehicle could be removed, while the Whitley Wood environmental protection unit used absorbant pads to soak up the excess oil and prevent it leaking into the drainage system.
The roads were re-opened just before 2pm and the vehicle was still awaiting recovery in a layby at 5pm.