Couple treated by paramedics after washing machine fire

Published: 10 Aug 2012 16:30

TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation after a washing machine caught fire.

Share this image

Fire crews from Wokingham and Wokingham Road stations rushed to Birchmead in Winnersh at 7.50pm last night (Thursday) following a call about the blaze.

The flames were out when they arrived, but firefighters gave oxygen to the man and woman before they were treated by paramedics.

They were at the scene for half an hour.

Jump to first paragraph.