Dishwasher blaze averted
Published 30 Mar 2011 17:00 0 Comments
FIREFIGHTERS have praised a shopkeeper for preventing a blaze in a beauty salon.
A crew from Bracknell and one from Wokingham rushed to beauty salon Ulysses Alexandra in Rose Street, Wokingham at 2.15pm today (Wednesday) where there was smoke coming from the dishwasher.
Firefighters unplugged and unplumbed the dishwasher and were there for 20 minutes.
Crew manager Steve Over said: "The shopkeeper did the right thing and by turning it off and leaving the shop.
"If you do see smoke coming from a dishwasher, isolate the power supply and call us to remove it."
This article appeared in Bracknell News 30 Mar 11