News » Roundup » Articles »

Block of flats in Bracknell evacuated after burnt microwave meal sparks fire fears

Published: 20 Jul 2014 09:15

A BLOCK of flats in Bracknell was evacuated last night after a burnt microwave meal filled the building with smoke.

Share this image

Crews from Bracknell fire station were called to Campion House, in Jocks Lane, at around 4am, to reports of a fire in a small ground floor flat.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the flat and discovered a meal in the microwave "burnt beyond all recognition" had been the cause of the billowing smoke.

They evacuated the block while they spend around 45 minutes ventilating the flat, which was not badly damaged. The occupant, a woman, was not thought to be injured.

Jump to first paragraph.